Is this a botched job? (Photo)

I had breast aug and breast lift almost 2 yrs ago in severe pain scarring so bad due to stitches coming out still to this day, I can't sleep on my right side nor my back can't wear a bra hurts so much . My right side is sooooo much smaller than my right. Please help me answer this question

See your surgeon or another

Sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty. With relatively large and pretty symmetric breasts preop, you could have had a nice result with a lift alone. It's not clear why the left is so much bigger, unless they were saline implants and one deflated. You should see your surgeon to address the pain, as it could have a range of causes including capsule contracture. You might consider removing the implants.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation and lift

I am confused.  Why did you have breast implants?  Your breasts were already very large.  IMO, you would have done well with a standard breast lift.  

My guess is that some of your pain is due to the implants.  I think you should consider implant removal and a breast lift.  I would make sure that the surgeon uses a different kind of suture.  It sounds like you are sensitive to the suture used the first time around.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Unhappy with breast augmentation & lift

At 2 years post operative you should not be experiencing pain. You should see your surgeon in person to discuss your concerns or seek a second opinion. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Time for another opinion.

You should really be symptom-free this far out from breast surgery. This should be discussed with your surgeon as well as the obvious asymmetry in what is planned for correction. If you're dissatisfied with the answer you should get another opinion.

Unhappy with breast lift and augmentation result

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation  and breast lift.

I am so sorry you are still in pain.

You had large breasts to begin with and they are larger now with implants.
Breast weight alone may explain some of the pain.

Your implants are high and your breasts are low.
This suggests the implants didn't settle and the lift was not high enough (or breasts dropped again). 

Your right breast appears to have a capsular  contracture, changing its appearance and contributing to the pain.

See a new plastic surgeon, taking (if possible) your original operative note from surgery and identification card for the implants. (You are entitled to these documents - if you're embarassed to ask, say you want them for your medical records.)

What is needed depend sentirely on your examination  and discussion of your goals.
It could be anything from release of  the capsule  to removal of the implants and a re-do lift.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information is helpful. Best wishes!

Options 2 year post op for scarring, pain, and asymmetry

Online consultation would not provide you with the clarity that you seek. It would warrant speaking with your original surgeon to understand what recommendations that he or she since he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you. If you are uncomfortable with your original surgeon, consult in person with 3 experienced, expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS