I have bags and lines under my eyes - what is the best and safest solution? (photo)

Treating the Under Eye

You have what is called a tear trough, not "bags." These are best treated with a filler like Juvederm Voluma or fat. This particular problem is very difficult to treat with surgery which is also much more likely to have problems than filling the area. See an expert injector with significant experience in this area. (See ExpertInjector.org)

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Under eye treatment

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photo provided, there is some hollowness in the tear trough.  This can be conservatively treated with dermal filler in the area to create a smooth and natural contour.  See a specialist to learn more and best wishes.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Eye bags treatment

It appears you would be a good candidate for filler to help smooth the under eye area.  You can combine it with other treatments such as lasers or microneedling (Skin Pen) to improve the skin quality and texture.  The fillers generally will last one year.  The other treatments require a few treatments up front, and then regular follow up "maintenance" treatments.

Camille Cash, MD

Surgery is the only solution

Surgery is the only way to correct eyelid bags and lines.  It is called blepharoplasty. Start with by getting a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Under eye hollowing

You don't have much in the way or "bags" - more just some hollowing in the tear trough.  Some HA filler such as Restylane will work well to fill this in and smooth out the lower lid. SHould last for at least one year. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

I suggest a combination approach with lasers, fillers, skin care and microneedling/PRP for treatment of under eye wrinkles and aging prevention. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer