Can I Get Away with Large Breast Implants Instead of a Lift? (photo)

I want fuller larger breast's...I am currently a 32E-ee natural, and want to go to about a 32FF, I work as a model and do not want to have the scars of an uplift if this will prevent me getting work. thank you Tina

Yes, go for the implants alone

In order to look like the picture you should consider a very full subglandular smooth silicone gel breast implant. We feel that lifting would be a mistake. Very large implants can pose problems, however if the look is for you you should go for it.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Lift unnecessary

You could probably get away with implants, but you should understand that your breasts will most likely sag at a faster rate. A lift might be necessary in the future.

Ronald Levine, MD

Fuller breasts without a lift

Fuller breasts without a lift
yes this is possible and I would perform a subglandular implant
you will still have the natural fall of your breasts but they will be fuller

Implants don't lift the breast

You need to consider the look that works for you. Just placing large implants won't lift the breast but if size is all that matters, it may work. If you want small perky breasts, get a lift. Implant size and shape have less to do with the natural appearance of the breast then the anatomy of the patient. For instance, today I I am operating on a woman with very nice breast tissue who is 6'2" tall and has a base diameter of 15 cm. A 600 cc HP implant looks very natural on her so to say that 600 cc can not look natural is false. On the other hand, I am also operating on a 4"11" girl today with a base diameter of 9.8 cm. Obviously, the implant wouldn't even fit her and could cause a lot of damage. So to answer your question, sizing the implant depends on the look you want and what you consider natural as well as your measurements and anatomy. I would ultimately defer to your surgeon on the sizing and don't get caught up in the number of mls.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

No lift?

Although a lift would improve the overall shape of your breasts, large implants would create the look that you are seeking and would indeed avoid the extra scarring.  In short, to achieve your desired goal, a large implant should suffice, but, your breasts may sag more rapidly with such an implant.  Best of luck.

Can be done

Tina,  you have to decide just how large you can tolerate.  Implants certainly will make you

larger and will avoid the scars of a lift.  If it will keep your job, go for it.  But there is a consequence.

Your clothes may not fit properly-smaller bottom/larger top.  You will be stretching your skin more

than it already is.  This may become a problem as you get older.  My experience with models is

that they usually want smaller breasts.  Maybe I'm not aware of more modern standards.

Another problem with large implants in sagging breasts is that the contour may be abnormal

with too much fullness of upper part of your breasts making the nipple turn down.  Of course this

can be hidden by special push-up bras.  Be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Large Breast Implants Instead Of A Lift

Since a breast lift is out of the question given your line of work, the question is whether implants alone will be satisfactory. Large breast implants can be used but it is important to realize that they will not create the same effect of a lift.They will merely fill out what you have, which will mean larger round breasts but the nipple will be sitting on the lower half of the enlarged breast mound. This is an aesthetic trade-off but perhaps one that has more appeal than breast lift scars. 

Implants vs lift

When there is some drooping of the breasts there always appears to be the option for a lift vs just implants or both. As long as you understand the consequences of each you can certainly make up your own mind. Drooping of the breasts will continue and get worse whenever an implant is placed because there is added weight. Even if a lift is done at the same time the presence of that extra weight will give a higher chance of recurrence. BUT, with a lift there is much more scarring and the lift procedures that make smaller scars will also give a smaller lift. 

If you plan to be modeling with clothes on it probably doesn't matter whether you have a lift or implants because the clothes will hide the scars and the bra or bathing suit top will give an external lift. The problems will arise if you are doing nude modeling. There will be the potential of seeing the scars(although there is great makeup to camouflage them) or with implants you will have breast sagging.

The choice is yours, but know the consequences of the choice.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

What are the cost?

I would suggest that you not have a Breast Augmentation, since you want to avoid the scars of a lift. If you do have a BAM the breast probable will not look great, they may look acceptable for most people but  you are a model and it may cause problems getting work. Your breast look good now and they look natural.  

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Large implants will make your sagging worse

Your breast tissue is sitting too low and your nipple/areola complex is below the breast fold. Your will need lift for sure. Implant alone will not work and will cause more sagging. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon