Triangular shaped belly button post op Tummy tuck. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 17 days post op tummy tuck surgery and i don't like the shape of my belly button, I don't know if it is a normal shape, will it be round and smaller with time? or will it stay like this?

Belly button shape for tummy tucks

I see what you are referring to. It does look a little unusual but you must be patient. You are very early in the healing stages for a tummy tuck. The appearance of your belly button may be due to swelling in that area. I would wait at least 4-6 months before considering any adjustments to its shape. The good news is it's a minor procedure to correct the shape of a belly button if it does not heal to your liking. It is done under local anesthesia, often in an office setting. 
Again, you are in the early stages of healing and you may be surprised how good it looks in a few months. 
Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your next follow up. He/She can examine you and give you the most accurate statement as to what you should ultimately expect for an outcome. 
Good luck and congratulations on your tummy tuck

Belly button problems

Congratulations on your surgery. I do see the area of concern in your belly button. You are still early in the postoperative healing and I would wait several months to assess the final outcome and judge whether or not a small touchup could be done to improve the shape of the bellybutton. Follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Triangular shaped belly button post op Tummy tuck. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your tummy tuck procedure.  I see your area of concern and the hope is that with resolution of your abdominal swelling the belly button will take on a more natural shape and size with a more oval appearance and not quite the upper width currently demonstrated.  I know waiting is difficult but allow your results to mature for at least 6 months before assessing its long-term outcome.  

Tummy tuck - don't like belly button shape at day 17

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • You are still very swollen -
  • You have to wait at least six months for enough swelling to go down to judge your final result.
  • So no worries - you look as though you are healing just fine for day 17.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS