Will I still see results on both sides ?

I recently had this procedure to my saddlebags which are small . One side hurt during the procedure and after . One side did not . 

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure varying pain

The pain may vary from side to side when doing the flank area. This is relatively common and should not compromise your results. I would evaluate your result at 12 weeks and take photographs to compare to your pre-treatment photographs.

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure soreness in certain areas

Thank you for your question. The soreness for your treated SculpSure areas varies per person. Some areas may give you more soreness than other areas. It does not mean that is not working. Some patients might not even feel any soreness. Wait a few weeks to view your results and schedule a follow-up appointment if you have further questions.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure Post Treatment

It is normal to feel different sensations on different parts of the the body. Wait for your results, and if you have any concerns visit your physician.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

Pain feeling and quality of outcomes with sculpture...

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

pain or soreness sensation has not been proven to correlate with the quality of outcomes after sculpsure treatments. The studies done for the FDA proven to be effective at the various treatment energy levels despite the associated tenderness. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Sculpsure Results

It is not atypical to have some asymmetry in terms of discomfort.  This should have no bearing on your result, which takes about 12 weeks.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure and Results

You do not need pain to see results of sculpsure.  You should see results in all the treated areas if the procedure was performed properly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will I see equal results even though one side had more discomfort?

There is no association between discomfort and results. It is common to have more discomfort on one side than the other with any surgical and non-surgical procedure. No worries, your end results should be equal if both sides were treated within the parameter zones.

Pain does not determine outcome with SculpSure

During a SculpSure treatment session the laser is adjusted to maximize the amount of fat cell destruction.  As long as your treatment was in this "zone" you will obtain an adequate result.  Pain does not equal outcome with SculpSure.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Pain differential during SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Rest assured, if nearly equal energy levels were used during your treatment, your results should be similar. Patients usually have some difference in sensation between the right and left side of the body - nerves can run slightly different directions, and sometimes one side is simply more (or less) sensitive than the other. If you were fairly symmetric at the start of the procedure, and the machine was working properly (which there is no reason to think it wasn't), then you should have similar results. Just for peace of mind, you should discuss what your settings were on each side (it ranges from 0.9 - 1.4) just to see if they were fairly close - which I imagine they were. Best of luck!