Follow-up Question - As requested - Pre-op photos, I think my clitoral hood looks worse than before? (photos)

Please comment on the surgery results, I even wonder if the clitoral hood looks worse than before. Thank you all for you feedback so far.

To see previous question, please click here. 

Follow-up Question - As requested - Pre-op photos, I think my clitoral hood looks worse than before?

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs.  With a review of your pre and post surgery pictures I think that you will still have some redundancy of your clitoral hood tissues but with overall improvement in results.  Without having been at your consultation with your surgeon it is difficult to know what was voiced as your chief concerns and desired outcome and I would voice any concerns to them.  You are still in the healing phase, and your results will continue to mature, but your surgeon can provide you with the best reassurance.

Before and after photos need updating

It would be best if the after photos didn't have fingers pulling and distorting the area that you are concerned about. When you repost, any photos from previous posts without the fingers don't show up like they would on Facebook or other sites. It's impossible to tell anything otherwise.

Clitoral hood enlargement

I do not have access to your post-op photos. Include these photos with your post-op photos to give us the ability to compare the results. However, you may have clitoris enlargement. It is difficult to tell on this photo. If your clitoris enlarges significantly with arousal, then you probably have an enlarged clitoris.  If that is the case, a clitoral hood reduction will not resolve your issue, but will make you worse if not also does with a clitoris reduction.  Very few surgeons perform a clitoris reduction, since it is technically challenging and is not routinely taught.  I have done over 40 reductions without any loss of sensation or orgasmic ability. The clitoral reduction surgery can be done several ways, either to just reduce the glans or head or also to reduce the shaft so that it does not stick out much. The surgery is not very uncomfortable but takes up to 3 1/2 hours and includes clitoral hood reduction. 

Gary J. Alter, M.D.

Beverly Hills, CA  - Manhattan, NYC

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months, which at that time one can evaluate if a secondary surgery would be recommended.  It appears that you continue to have a large clitoral hood.  If you require a secondary procedure in the future, I would recommend an experienced genital cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon even if that requires traveling. Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist