Lumpy and creased clitoral hood 2.5 weeks post (photos)

I'm not feeling confident that this will get any better. I'd imagine that as the swelling goes down the skin will only wrinkle further on top of my clitoris. Also - I'd imagine that with time - as it sits within my labia majors it will be rubbed and become increasingly wrinkled and over hang. Also the glans of my clitoris has completely disappeared. Am I right to feel very disappointed at this stage.

2.5 weeks post labiaplasty

Two weeks is still in the immediate post operative time frame and far too early to make a judgement about the ultimate result. Also, remember that some surface irregularities is normal for the anatomy is this area and not abnormal.   Best wishes!

Lumpy and creased clitoral hood 2.5 weeks post

Although the photos are not completely clear, it does appear that your healing process is progressing normally. Swelling is normal and can continue for weeks after surgery.  You will not be able to appreciate the full result of the labiaplasty for a few months after a majority of the healing is completed. My recommendation is to give it time to heal and if you are concerned with the outcome at that time, discuss your options with your surgeon or seek a second opinion. 

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week. Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.
Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. It sounds like you can likely work to calm your swelling and discomfort for a little more time while the healing process continues. I would recommend if after a couple more weeks you still feel pain or discomfort you should schedule a live appointment with your surgeon to have the healing progress evaluated in person. Best of luck to you!

No, you are not right in feeling disappointed. Swelling obscures the real ultimate results. Best is to have confidence and patience and see how it looks in 2-3 months.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Post op labiaplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.As you are still fairly early on in your recovery, I would give yourself some more time to heal before judging your results. It takes at least 4-6 weeks for swelling to fully go down for the labia to shrink in size. Over this six week period, you results will still change slightly. If after six weeks you are still unhappy with your results, I would consult your doctor for a revision or seek another board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in labiaplasty. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Bridle your woe and let your labiaplasty heal before you judge it!

Sitting around taking selfies of your scars two weeks out and contemplating a negative imagined future is not time well spent. From a healing standpoint, you're healing without any apparent wound issues or infections. From an aesthetic standpoint, wait a least 6 weeks postop to judge any aesthetic result regardless of what you see today.

2.5 weeks post op

Thanks for sharing.  It is difficult to say what you result will be until after 6 weeks.  At that  time you can be evaluated by your surgeon.  If at that time you are not happy then I would suggest you seek a surgeon with more experience to help you.  I wish you the very best in your recovery.

Clitoral Hood: Postoperatively

Thank you for your question and sharing your photographs.  Based on your description and photographs, I am not clear if you had a labiaplasty and/or clitoral hood reduction.  The one thing to keep in mind is to remember that it takes several weeks for the swelling to resolve and several months to see the final results.  At that time, one can then be evaluated to determine if a secondary operation is necessary.  If you continue to be disappointed, I would recommend seeking the opinion of an experienced genital surgeon to determine if a clitoroplasty is indicated.  

Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- AVON, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Too early to feel dissapointed

Relax! You're only in your 3rd week of recovery from what I assume was a well performed labia and clitoral hood reduction, although I can't be certain since I don't have the before photos to look at. At 6 weeks you'll have a better idea of the final outcome and so I recommend you concentrate on healing and hold judgment till all the swelling goes down. Send photos then as a follow up to this post. If you fell you need a revision be sure that your surgeon is experienced with this. Below is a link with more information on this.Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist