Can dermabrasion for new facial surgery scar be followed by Fraxel Restore in 6-8 weeks?

Getting ready to have a scar excised/revised on my face. My plastic surgeon does not do lasers, but dermabrasion instead. Can I get a better cosmetic result by doing the dermabrasion and then follow it up by Fraxel Restore 6-10 weeks later? I'm sold on Restore. I had a facial accident 8 years ago that I used Restore on and it's non- detectable. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your query.Fraxel and dermabrasion have the same mechanism of action. They both provide micro injury to the skin resulting in new skin which cause relief from acne scars, fine lines, pigmentation. Surgical dermabrasion is a one time procedure whereas fraxel may require multiple sitting depending upon your skin.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Facial scar

I would recommend doing one or the other. If you choose to the scar revision, you would wait 3-4 months for healing before you decided to do any further treatments.  If you chose to do the dermabrasion you may not need to do the fraxel treatments, because they are both doing the same thing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon