Had Fraxel Dual on Friday 9/4/2015. Will these streaks dissipate in time?

I know red bronzed swelling, sandpaper little brown spots on skin is normal but how about red streaks it looks like that's where the laser went. Will these streaks dissipate in time?

Red Streaks Should Fade Within 2 Weeks

Hi jenofun. Redness following a treatment with the Fraxel Dual laser at 3 days post-procedure is certainly expected. It sounds like you're more concerned about the streakiness. Without knowing the specific settings used in your treatment, it is difficult to say when exactly the redness should fade, but I expect you will see changes soon. Continue following your physician's post-treatment instructions and if the condition doesn't show improvement within 2 weeks, contact the practice and set up an appointment. Thanks for your question!

San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel Laser and Redness

Many patients are red for a week after the Fraxel laser.  It all depends on what setting was used and your skin type.  If you are still red after 10 days I would return to your treating physician for examination.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel and lasers for the best cosmetic results.

Evaluating Redness after Fraxel Resurfacing.

Depending on the settings of the Fraxel Laser, and also whether you were being treated with the 1550nm or 1927nm piece, it can be common to have red rectangular streaking in areas that were treated with the Fraxel for 3 -7 days. Usually there is a more of a diffuse redness to the areas that have been treated, but in direct areas where the laser has been used can sometimes be seen after having had the treatment.

Usually I will have my patients ice the areas treated for several times per day for 1-2 days. In addition I provide them with a mid-potency topical cortisone cream to apply to the areas which greatly helps reduce redness and swelling.

If your redness is not improving over the next 2-3 days, I would make a follow-up appointment with your Doctor to have them examine and see if more needs to be done.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Post Treatment

Please speak to your physician about their post operative protocol.  It is normal to have discoloration at the beginning especially if you had the 1927 nm DUAL.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel

Thank you for your question.  The streaks should go away within a month.  During this time it is imperative to avoid the sun and to wear sunscreen if you absolutely have to be exposed.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL