Do I have enough fat to achieve an hourglass figure? (photos)

I'm 5'2 tall and weight 140lbs. I've been unhappy with my body shape all my life and I'm actually considering a BBl. I do know I have some fat but want to know if I'll be able to achieve an hourglass figure if going ahead with it. Basically I'd like to know if I'm a good candidate. Thank you.

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.    I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can have a full body examination and review of your medical history to have an accurate determination of whether you are a good candidate for a BBL. When it comes to a BBL, you can harvest fat from multiple donor sites if you don’t have enough in just the abdomen and hip rolls. When I perform a BBL, after liposuction has been performed, I use a closed sterile system which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. To build up the hips, we could use a combination of implants and/or fat grafting to get you that desired hour glass figure. In regards to you hernia, you don’t necessarily have to get it fixed before the surgery, as this can be corrected during surgery. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL and tummy tuck to achieve hourglass shape

Hello and thank you for your question! Looking at your pictures you already have a great shape and I think that you have the right frameworkto achieve an even better look. Your silhouette would be greatly improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, and lower back. By slimming the contour of your waist, flanks, and back with liposuction, your buttocks will already appear perkier when put next to amuch slimmer waistline; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest fat to also transfer to your buttocks to further enhance this look. The shape which you desire can be created to your wishes by placing the fat in the right places to give you the "buttock shape" you desire. It is hard to determine how much fat you can get injected into each buttocks without an in-person examination. If you wish for the ultimate waistline and flatness to your stomach, a tummy tuck could be added as well, but that is dependent on your goals and expectations. I hope this helps and make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Do I have enough fat to achieve an hourglass figure?

You appear to be a good candidate for the procedure. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

It looks like you are a good candidate for a brazilian butt lift. As for how flat your stomach will become depends upon the quality of the muscles, the skin, and the amount of visceral fat that you may have.

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck with liposculpture to your hips and back along with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck+Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD