Worried About Results?

7 days ago I got vaser/ liquid lipo on lower abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thighs. I am really upset as I feel I have not got the results after spending slot of money.The ps took almost 3 liters from me. I weighed 65kg before I now weigh 67kg, I am swollen and bruised. My garment is so annoying and is edging lines in my skin, my ps said I have to keep wearing it but I am worried its too tight. I am just down about it all, I am getting massage, eating well and drinking heaps of water..help!

Worried About Results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is based on the level of soreness and bruising experienced by the patient. But, it can vary among patients. As with traditional liposuction, there are no large incisions  or effect on the muscle and other underlying tissue. Therefore, #healing time may be less than anticipated by most. Therefore, Vaser patients may experience less #pain or discomfort, #swelling (#edema) and bruising post procedure due to the nature of the technique.  

A quicker #recovery for a patient may be two to three weeks without any strenuous activity. This includes the short period of suggested rest of 12-24 hours soon following the procedure. #Exercise and activity are contingent on how the patient feels. Mild activity is not likely to hinder recovery or healing or create problems with recovery.  However, it is recommended to acquire your doctor's permission to do so. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!

If you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes #pain, take it off. But inform your doctor!
Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined. 

Vaser Lipo Results

Thank you for your question. It is common to weigh more after due to fluid retention, and results are not realized for 6 weeks or longer. Wait for 6 months to see the results. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment after liposuction

It is always best to follow yoru doctor's advice.  If you feel the garment is too tight, perhaps it was not sized correctly.