How can I get slightly larger lips? (photos)

I recently had 1 ml of restylne In mylips (my first time) I was hesitant getting it done as I did not want to look duck like but after having it done I'm disappointed the first few days it looked amazing but it inflated within a week ,is juvederm a better for me to get them thicker and last abit longer ? What are my options . Saying this my lips are plumper but not as big as I would like ! Should I top up or get something different eg juvederm or more ml's should I wait or can I do now ?

Larger LIPS? Try Juvederm ULTRA XC or Resytane SILK

Restylane SILK can produce swelling in the lip just as Juvaderm Ultra XC can. Since they are both hyaluronic acids and hydrophilic(water loving) water is drawn into the area with fast injection, causing exaggerated swelling. This is usually a temporary problem that will resolve with ice, benadryl orally and time. Contact your provider if the swelling persists or if you have increased pain.

#plumperlips   #lipfiller  #RestylaneSilkvsJuvederm

Plumping Lips is Easy with Restylane SILK or Juvederm ULTRA

Whether you’ve noticed your lips thinning over time, or simply want fuller lips, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC or RESTYLANE SILK can give you natural-looking results that lasts more than 9 months. In fact, 78% of people treated experienced improvement in satisfaction with the look and feel of their lips 1 year later!

The cost of a single 1ml syringe will vary within $50-$100 between competitive practices. We suggest finding a reputable practice with expert injectors for the blend of science and artistry!

#lipenhancement #JuvedermUltra #RestylaneSilk

FULLER LIPS

I believe you are doing very well, time is your friend. Let the swelling resolve, re-assess your lips in 3-6 weeks then decide.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

FULLER LIPS

YOU MAY WANT TO TRY JUVEDERM FOR THE LIPS THIS IS SLIGHTLY THICKER AND MAY GIVE YOU THE LOOK YOU ARE GOING FOR, OR YOU CAN DO A SILICONE IN THE LIP, CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip injections

Juvederm and Restylene are both hyluronic acids that are made by two different companies.  That being said, you would have had the same result with either brand.  Initially, swelling peaks at 3 days and goes away at about 7-10 days in which you have your end result.  The filler didn't go away, just the swelling did.  I would wait three weeks before adding more filler and just be careful on how much the second time around, you don't want to over do it.  

Chad Robbins, MD

You have a very nice result

Right after filler injections, your lips are swollen and then after 24-48 hr the swelling goes away and you are left with just the filler.  So it's not that the filler melted away, the swelling did.  You can always have more filler added, although I think you look very natural and I'd try not to over do it.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm and Lip Injections

There are a myriad of fillers to inject into the lips.  Restylane is a good choice but it sounds like you need a slightly thicker filler.  I would definitely try Juvederm for the next lip injection.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in lip injections for the best cosmetic results.

How much filler and for how long does it last in the lips.

It sounds like you need a slightly thicker filler such as Juvederm Ultra or maybe some Ultra Plus in the corners of your mouth.  You can expect it to last 3-6 months. The motion of the mouth muscles usually makes filler in this area wear off quicker.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

In the future, you may consider permanent lip augmentation.

In many patients we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent lip augmentation results. Your results and lip size may be gradually increased to your liking at monthly intervals.

For now, your lips look nice and natural-looking.

Hope this helps.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmenation

Your post-treatment photo shows a great result on a beautiful face; and I would be hesitant to add much more volume to your lips.  It is true that patients often like the especially puffy look of the post-lip-injection swelling, and once this resolves, some feel like the injected product has dissolved.  Typically, this is not the case, and your photos show nice added volume.  If you were to add more volume, remain conservative.  Both Juvederm and Restylane are good hyaluronic acid fillers for off-label use in the lips; while some practitioners and patients prefer one over the other, there's no consensus as to which one is better.  Your experienced injection provider should help you determine your treatment plan.

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon