Should I be worried about my 3 year old gel filled implant? I have pain in my left breast

Hi I have gel filled implanta and am 3 years post op I also have 4month old baby so been pregnant and breastfeed for first 2 weeks today I have pain in my left breast which is sharp sudden pain under bottom of my nipple im worried my implant might issues although I did go to the gym yesterday and train chest but this is not u usual for my activities and I wear supportive sports bra

Pain 3 years after silicone gel implants

Hi and thanks for your question. Its probably nothing serious but if the pain persists or if you can feel a lump you should have it checked by your surgeon. Rupture of the implant (which can occur after only 3 years!) can be excluded by an ultrasound. 

Pain three years after breast augmentation

Thanks for your question.  Any sudden onset of pain this many years after your initial surgery warrants further investigation.  Its possible you pulled a muscle during your gym workout or they may be other contributing factors.  Arrange a appointment with your plastic surgeon for diagnostic imaging.

Breast pain

Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of surgery and implants were placed. Everyone has different threshholds and types of pain. If it hurts, try to avoid activities that make it worse until you feel better. Best of luck, MMT

Pain in breast

The pain you're describing so long after breast orientation would probably more likely be caused by breast-feeding or a musculoskeletal injury related to weightlifting. A simple and office ultrasound can tell if a silicone gel implant is broken or not. If you're worried about it, ask your plastic surgeon about what their recommendations might be. Hope this helps.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Should I be worried about my 3 year old Gel Filled Implant? I have pain in my left Breast

You should see your physician and probably get an imaging studies like an Ultrasound. In all likelihood, it is related to breast feeding rather then any problems with the implants.  

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Pain after BA

Thank you for your question. This is more than likely related to your breastfeeding than anything else, including the implant. When in doubt, please see your physician. A simple ultrasound is a good starting test to be sure the implant is intact. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon