Weird shaped abdomen and umblicus after vaser liposuction.

Hi Doc. I had vasar lipo done 12 days ago. I still have lots of swelling and my abdomen is weird shaped. My doctor said it would settle down. My umblicus is big and there are some ridges coming out its boundaries. Is it going to settle down. I am really worried.

VASER HI DEF abdomen liposuction post-operative swelling final results umbilicus

Good day, Thank you for your question regarding VASER liposuction to the abdomen. Your doctor is quite right.  I would try not to worry about anything right now. It is too early. After VASER liposuction, it takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks before the swelling or edema to subside.  I would suggest wearing a compression garment 24 hours a day for 6 to 8 weeks. As the swelling decreases, you may need to change to a smaller compression garment. I would suggest as much compression as you can bear.  Another way to reduce swelling after VASER liposuction is to have lymphatic massage. I would recommend lymphatic massage 2 to 3 times a week for 3 weeks after your VASER procedure.  Please search for a certified lymphatic massage therapist.  If you have any other questions regarding VASER liposuction, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Knowing What's Normal After Liposcution--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone to your aftercare

This sounds like typical swelling which can take 3-6 months to resolve. I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Recovery after VASER Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for sharing your story on RealSelf.com.  Twelve days after a Vaser (or any other) liposuction, your post-operative swelling should be at about its peak.  At this point, you really cannot make a conclusion as to the results, as the swelling will slowly resolve over the coming months (4-6 months, maybe longer).  More dependent regions, such as the lower abdomen, may have more swelling, as the fluid that collects tends to settle in the lower regions where gravity takes it.  Sometimes the swelling is disproportionate, meaning that areas that were treated a little more aggressively, say, where more fat was concentrated, are going to experience greater tissue injury and will have a greater inflammatory response and appear more swollen and may even form a firm nodule or bump.  Gentle self-massage of these areas can help them resolve a little bit faster and use of Arnica cream or tablets can also help some too.  Ultimately, however, it is simply going to take some time no matter what extra measures you may take.  Please post a follow up after a few more weeks and perhaps include a photo if you have further questions or feel that things still do not look as you would have expected.