Wanting augmentation, is a lift absolutely necessary as well? (photos)

I am wanting to get a breast augmentation, I'm currently 12b/c and hoping to fill a 12d I am 174cm tall and 76kg. I have 3 children the youngest being 4mnths Do i absolutely require a breast lift in conjuction with an augmentation in order to gain fullness and larger size breats or can i get away with just augmentation and still get a good result What placement and implant shape would be recommended for me

Breast Augmentation with or without Lift

Hi Lee. The photos are very helpful and indicate that you would get a great result with just an augmentation. A lift would add a lot of scarring for little improvement. Smooth, round implants placed behind the muscle is your best and safest option. Textured implants, anatomical implants and placement in front of the muscle all have a higher complication and revision rate and do not look or feel as natural. 

Shape versus volume

Often implants can help improve the VOLUME of a breast and they do also affect the shape of the breast, soon after surgery and even down the road. Often a mastopexy is used to change the SHAPE of a breast. Sometimes these procedures can be done at the same time and sometimes they are staged, meaning they are done at two different times. Good luck! MMT

Lift

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

If you wish to make the breast larger, you could do that with an implant alone. Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to come up with the best treatment plan. Good luck.

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation/Lift

Based on viewing your photos, it appears that you would be fine with just the augmentation without the lift. I would recommend you finding a board certified cosmetic surgeon in your area to have an in person consultation to discuss size and placement. Good Luck.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Hi and thanks for your question.

In my opinion, when there is the degree of sagging and deflation displayed in your photo, you will get a much better cosmetic result with a lift as well as implants.  If you have a straight augmentation, you would need subglandular (Pre-pectoral) implants in order to reduce the risk of the "Snoopy dog" appearance.  This may leave your breasts even saggier. 

Since it appears your nipples are below the bottom of your breasts and you have young children, Medicare and private insurance rebates may apply.  You should discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon in a face to face consultation.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS
Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

Lift?

From your photos I would think implants alone are totally fine. Only if your were very committed to an even higher nipple position MIGHT I do a lift. An in person exam by your surgeon will settle the issue.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Implant and possible lift

It is difficult to assess from pictures alone.  With a deflated breast, there are occasions when a lift is not needed.  It is possible, though, that you might require a periareolar mastopexy.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon