Update on my first question please link. Is the healing of my labiaplasty going well? (Photo)

Three weeks after labiaplasty. Left side still looks weird, can't figure out what's that little pink bit, it looks a bit apart from the side, which way is it going to stick to eventually? To the labia minora end or clitoris?

Update on healing

I am not able to see your prior post, however, based on what i can see from the given pics, it appears you are healing well and should be just fine.  If the tag is still present and bothers you then it can easily and quickly be removed later.  Best of luck to you.

Update on healing

Thanks for submitting you question. You're only 3 weeks from surgery and will heal well overall, the small skin tag will likely get let obvious over time, however, it could be correct with a minor in office surgical correction. 

Hope this helps.

Kurian Thott, MD
Fredericksburg OB/GYN

Healing well with small dogear after your wedge labiaplasty

The small tag of skin along the left anterior edge of the scar is the result of a mismatch in the height of the tissue with the posterior edge. This can be trimmed off later when you're healed. With luck, the difference will subside and be less noticeable.

Wound separation following wedge resection labiaplasty

I wasn't able to link to your previous post so I'll answer based on current 3 week Post-op photos.

You are healing nicely and I'm sure you'll be overall happy in the end. There is a separation of the incision line on the left side which will leave you with a bump or dog ear. If this bothers you and you want it revised I'd recommend addressing both labia since you'll be left with a greater asymmetry...right labia larger than left. This little tag may also bother you with sex, if it does then you'll definitely want it revised. Hopefully, it won't be very noticeable or bothersome so you may avoid any further surgery.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Wedge resection post 3 weeks

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos.  Your healing looks very good there is an unevenness to the left side ( your left side)  where the wedge resection is healing and will probably leave you with a small "dog ear" i.e. bump or skin tag to the edge... This is very typical of a wedge resection and is one of the misfortunes of the wedge.  Yours is very small and will probably be just fine after healing  The lateral area has small bumps which is typical of healing after this type of surgery.  This may improve with time and swelling resolution.

John  R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Update on my first question please link. Is the healing of my labiaplasty going well?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  It appears that your incisions are healing quite well but there is some irregularity in the skin alignment of the incision on the left side.  This may improve with some time and swelling resolution but there will likely always be some differences.  If this bothers you after three months you could have a small revision procedure performed to better align these tissues.  Hope this helps. 

Your doctor did a good job

You had an extended wedge labiaplasty done which is my preferred treatment and your doctor executed the surgery well. There is a small portion of tissue that may not be perfectly aligned, but this should be inconsequential to your healing.