Unusual mastopexy scar and breast droopiness 5 months PO? (Photos)

As you can see in the pictures below the incision scars are really unusual. They aren't raised but they are really wide and I'm not sure what to do. Also my breasts are still dropping significantly at 5 months post op. Can't get in to see my surgeon for another 4 months as I went through a public system. Should I apply some form of cream to help the scars from getting worse? And should I be getting a revision for my droopiness? (Look in my previous questions for before pictures if required)

Mastopexy scar management

Hi Ashleigh

Yes your scars are quite unusual.

In terms of managing your scars, begin with silicone sheeting and twice daily scar massage.

As for your shape and request for revision - I do not know, that is best discussed with your surgeon.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Scarring at 5 Months Post-Op - Potential Treatments

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

If you find that you need assistance with completing any of these corrections or treatments, it is always possible to check with other local board certified plastic surgeons to have a consultation and see what they can offer to help. Good luck

Scars and Droopiness After Breast Lift

Your scars are within the normal spectrum of healing. Scar appearance can be improved for 12-18 months after surgery. A silicone-based scar gel may help to improve the appearance of your scars if used consistently. Avoiding ultraviolet rays on the scars for the first 12-18 months is also helpful. As for your ptosis/drooping, unfortunately from the moment you get off the operating room table, gravity is taking a toll on your breasts. A mastopexy (breast lift) is not a one-time procedure. Aging, weight fluctuation, pregnancy, breastfeeding all take a toll on the breasts. A revision may be considered 6-12 months after surgery.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Mastopexy revision

Time may help improve the scars. I would suggest massaging the scars and applying Biocorneum to them twice daily. You are likely a candidate for a revision. I would suggest waiting 6 months to a year before revision surgery.

Breast Lift

A local anesthesia scar revision will significantly improve your wide scars.  I think your next visit with your surgeon would be an ideal time to consider this scar revision.  Good luck!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Scars

Thank you for posting

All scars look at their worst from 3-6 months minimum after surgery. 

You look like you have had an uplift using a vertical scar only, which can lead to bottoming out, but this can easily be addressed with a horizontal excision at your inframammary fold, so your surgeon should be able to make them look perky again easily.

The scars will fade with time, it takes 12-18 months for them to do so 

Best of luck