Do I need a tummy tuck or liposuction? Can I have lipo/TT and enlargement at the same time? Am I too over weight? (Photo)

Thank you for your time. I am booked in for LS on my Abdomen/Legs/knees & second op for Breast enlargement. Going for LS first in the hope it will be all I need but now am thinking I should do TT. REALLY need help with decision. Am I too overweight? Also, Surgeon didn’t want to do breast enlargement at same time as thinks I won’t need it? – is this correct – what size do you recommend. I’m 41, 2 kids BMI 29, lost 15kg and struggling to loose last 10kg. 163cm 78kg

Coolsculpting, lipo or abdominoplasty for fat reduction

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss.  The last few kgs (or pounds) can be hard to lose but keep working on diet and exercie because the more weight you lose before surgery, then you will have a better result after surgery.  In my opinion, fat reduction methods are good if you can pinch the fat.  But some people carry the fat on the inside of the abdomen and that fat cannot be reduced.  So pinching your areas of concern can really help to determine if there will be an improvement.  If a patient desires the ultimate in fat reduction and has some skin overhang, then a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty would be the best surgery.  However it the patient desires some moderate improvement without skin removal, then liposuction is best.  Sometimes patients even consider Coolsculpting as a non invasive method of fat reduction but they understand that the results may not be as dramatic. So you will have to decide how much down time, scarring, and how dramatic of a result you desire.  A  tummy tuck would be a huge improvement but it does come with a larger scar.  As far as the breast enlargement, it is possible that the surgeon may want to do it safely if one surgery of fat reduction is too long.  Always make sure to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Do I need a tummy tuck or liposuction? Can I have lipo/TT and enlargement at the same time? Am I too over weight?

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would produce a nice result. The breast surgery can be performed at the same time.  Find a tummy tuck expert who performs hundreds each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Tummy tuck vs liposuction, breast enlargement

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is very difficult to give opinions without a face-to-face consultation, as the Plastic Surgeon does not have all the information he needs in front of him, to give a really worthwhile opinion.
However, let me guide you.

It appears from your photos that you are a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck, and I believe that you will be unhappy from the results of liposuction. Liposuction is unlikely to correct the overhang that is there which is usually a number of layers of tissue (skin, fat, muscle, for example). Liposuction only targets fat.

I am unsure why you are not having the 2 surgeries at the same time, as this is usually possible. However, I am sure you have discussed this, and have your reasons.

With regard to your weight- simply put, you do not appear too overweight. However, if you are still intending to lose weight, I recommend to all my patients that we do the work with your desired weight and look. It depends on many factors, especially whether or not you are likely to lose the remainder that you wish to get rid of.

I hope this has been of some value to you. 

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck VS liposuction

You are a wonderful candidate for a Tummy Tuck in order to eliminate the saggy skin on your abdomen and also to do a muscle repair which will help to achieve the most beautiful tapered waist. 
Lupusuction on the abdomen will help to reduce volume and improve shape, but your skin will be saggier and will be any way a TT candidate. 
Mi would recommend a full Tummy Tck, muscle repair and some liposuction on your back and breast surgery might be done only if lab work is more than perfect to perform surgery safely. 
My opinion is if you lose some more weight your result will be even better and your surgery safer. 
Be encouraged!!!
dr. Cardenas 

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Hi

Yes I agree with the views already expressed that a tummy tuck and Lipo will give you good results. 

Personally I would not recommend breast implants at the same time - as we all want to reduce the risks of surgery. 

You need to see a plastic surgeon to discuss things in detail. 

Rajan Uppal, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a tummy tuck or liposuction

I believe you will get a much better result with a tummy tuck. Any excess skin and overhang can be removed and the muscle can be plicated at the same time. It is always best to try and lose some weight prior to the procedure. You can have an augmentation at the same time. Hope this helps.

Jake Lim, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. You demonstrate the areas of concern nicely. I think that you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer liposuction surgery of the abdomen given that I do not think you will be pleased with the aesthetic outcome of this procedure.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  In regards to the breast augmentation surgery, whether or not to proceed will ultimately be a very personal decision based on what your size goals are. I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully. Communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

TT?

In my opinion, your best result would be from a tummy tuck with liposuction.  We often do this procedure with a breast augmentation or lift.  I would suggest that you need a breast lift for the best result.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Liposuction

I think that you have adequate sized breasts for your body and frame. With a more contoured abdomen and trunk it may give the illusion that your breasts are larger. The question really boils down to whether or not you are happy with your current size. I don't think that anyone can decide that for you. If you want to be larger your surgeon can suggest a range of appropriately sized implants for you to consider. It appears that you have excess skin and fat of your abdomen. Typically, the most definitive procedure to address this is a tummy tuck. It may be helpful to have another consultation with your surgeon or another one to help sort these issues out.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a tummy tuck

Your BMI is 29.4. You are on the borderline of overweight and obese.

You clearly have stomach damage from pregnancy. But it looks as though your stomach protrudes because of internal fat. If so, your tummy tuck result may be disappointing.

Return to our surgeon and discuss this. He may find the fat is not internal.

If you lose weight, the breast enlargement makes sense - your breasts will be too small as you lose weight. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD