Tuberous breasts? Best correction methods...

Looking though a lot of the posts on here, it seems I may have tuberous breasts. They've been this way since puberty. Been thru 2 pregnancies with attempts at breastfeeding, but never grew larger than a B-cup. 1) If I do indeed have tuberous breasts, what is your opinion on the severity/grade of tuberousness? 2) Would I absolutely need a lift and nipple reduction/repositioning? I don't mind having puffy areoles, and would strongly prefer to leave them be. Also, I would prefer not to have a lift

Tuberous breasts?

Based solely on your photos, you do seem to have a mild degree of tuberous breasts. Assuming that you are alright with some slight asymmetry and the size of your nipples, you could probably fix this with an augmentation alone. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your breasts do appear to be slightly constricted, and you would benefit a great deal from a breast augmentation with implants.  The constriction would need to be released and the implants would improve the overall appearance of your breasts.  In order to determine what you could realistically expect from surgery, please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tuberous breast correction

Based on your photographs you appear to display a mild form of tuberous breasts, or more accurately, constricted lower pole breasts. It is difficult to advise you of your options prior to formal consultation.  However, my approach would likely be  for correction using tear drop or anatomical breast implants alone and you would likely not need a peri-areola reduction as you nipples are of normal size.  

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for the question and photos and if you do not mind the mild asymmetry in your breasts and the slightly enlarged areola then a straight augmentation should give you the desired result.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tuberous breasts

From the photographs you have provided, in my opinion, you do have a mild form of tuberous breasts. I like to correct this deformity with a combination procedure of both dual plane breast augmentation with a setback of the pointiness of the areola with a circum- areolar mastopexy (Donut). Ask your plastic surgeon about their choice of procedures. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I believe you are correct, that you have a very mild form of tuberous breasts.  In more severe cases a plastic surgeon would recommend a subglandular breast augmentation along with a donut type of breast lift to reduce the loose tissue around the areola.  In your case, you may get a nice result with the augmentation alone.  If you are not pleased, the donut lift could be preformed at a secondary procedure.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast

Hello there 
You would appear to have a relatively mild form of tuberous breast deformity .

It is likely that you can get significant improvement with breast implants without a lift .
Keep in mind that you can have a lift any time after 6 months after the implants are inserted if you so desire .

But from your photos I would expect that an implant alone may well make you happy .

Cheers
TS

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

#tuberous breast

Hi. I agree that you have tuberous breasts but they are of the mildest type.  You would be suitable for a correction with an implant alone.  I would recommend a textured round subglandular implant with release of the inferior pole. No lift is required.  Regards

Damien

Correction of tuberous breast deformity

The tuberous breast characteristics are as follows:

1. Herniation of breast tissue behind the nipple areola complex
  2. Constricted lower pole of the breast with a raised IMF crease and enlarged areolas

Based on the pictures you have provided, you have a mild grade of tuberous breast deformity.

It is important to be seen and evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Measurements will need to be taken and the breast examined closely.

I would recommend silicone implants using a periarolar incision with radial scoring of the inferior pole of the breast. The right nipple position is a bit lower than the left so I would recommend a periareolar lift on the right side. The nipple position on the left appears to be in good position and so therefore a lift would not be necessary.  Best wishes

regards,
Dr. Ravi Somayazula
It
Nothing IT

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Based on your photographs, I do see some elements of constricted breasts.  Generally speaking, some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).

Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In your case, I would recommend the circumareolar approach; a vertical incision is not necessary ( remember you are dealing with a shortage of skin along the lower poles of the breasts; removal of skin with a vertical mastopexy is not a good idea). You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast surgery for patients who present with constricted/tuberous breasts helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.