Do I have tuberous breasts? (Photo)

I am currently looking into getting breast implants and was told by a surgeon that it 'appears i have tuberous breasts' and would need recontructive surgery and a lift. Im only 22 and have had one child.. i have always thought they were a bit of a funny shape, but didnt think it was that bad and didnt concern me much. does it look like i do have it?

Not tuberous

I don't believe you have tuberous breasts.  You have very natural appearing breasts.Seek out a second opinion.All the best

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Hi rlee999
You definitely do NOT have tuberous breasts, but do have a small amount of asymmetry (which is perfectly normal). There is no reason to complicate any breast surgery that you might considering.
Good Luck
Dr Gavin Sandercoe

#tuberous breast

Hi.  You most definitely do not have any features of tuberous breasts and in my opinion do not need the scar burden that comes with a lift.  A breast augmentation alone would give you a pleasing result.  You should seek a 2nd opinion and make sure that they are an Australian trained plastic surgeon - you can check through the ASPS website.RegardsDamien

Tuberous breasts? No

I agree with you. I don't think your shape is bad and you shouldn't be concerned. I believe you would do well with breast augmentation alone. Hope this helps and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures. No, I do not see features consistent with constricted/tuberous breasts in the photographs. 

Generally, some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).

Overall, based on the photographs, I think you should do well with breast augmentation only: breast lifting will likely not be necessary, unless you wish to have the nipple/areola complexes higher on your chest wall. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast surgery for patients with constricted/tuberous breasts helpful to you for comparison purposes. Best wishes.

No tuberous breasts

From your photos it does not appear that you have tuberous breast deformity.  I think you could seek a second opinion.  You would most likely need an augmentation and possibly a lift.  The "reconstruction" is not something I think you'd need.  Get a second opinion and best wishes!!!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon