Suggested procedure to correct tuberous/constricted breasts. (photos)

Surgeons with expertise in the area please provide your thoughts. Will I need a lift or would implants alone give me a nice rounded natural result? What grade of severity would you classify my breast to be

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you do appear to have characteristics of tuberous breasts. Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Suggested procedure to correct tuberous/constricted breasts.

Thank you for your question.  Generally, tuberous breasts are corrected with placement of breast implants, release of  the lower pole and reduction of the areola.  The scar pattern for this would be circumareolar (donut).  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS