Stomach smart lipo - downtime? (photo)

I'm wanting smart lipo on my stomach what's the down time for this procedure? How long will it take? I'll be having it in combination with a nose fix so will he in a hospital Thanks

Smart lipo

Smart lipo has very little down time and minimal pain. Most patients are back to work in a day or two. Make sure you follow your surgeons instructions. Best of luck! 

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo!

Smartlipo is a minimal invasive procedure with very little down time! Smartlipo is a permanent laser procedure that destroys 60-70 percent of the fat cells lasered. The healing process with smartlipo is very important and needs to be understood. You will see your best results with smartlipo at 90 days- That of course pertains to following the suggestions from your Doctor or Surgeon. Drinking lots of water, cutting down on fatty foods, exercising and considering doing a 1 week or 10 day detox will help cut the fluids out to see results sooner! Upper and lower abs have amazing results! I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Smart lipo recovery

It is common for a patient to get Smart Lipo of the abdomen on Friday or Saturday and return to work on Monday. No exertional activity or exercise for 2 weeks, due to worsening swelling.

Gregory Chambon, MD
Overland Park Family Physician

Back to work in 2 days after abdomen lipo

For a small tummy like yours, lipo recovery is 2 days back to work, 2 weeks back to the gym, and 2 months in a compression garment.

SmartLipo has minimal downtime

Thank you for your question. Actual down time is about a day however, it’s best to take an extra couple of days to rest. For example, have the procedure on a Friday and return to work on Monday-just to be sure. Exercise should be avoided for at least a week, and a compression garment must also be worn. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Getting Great Results with Smart Lipo, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/ZWave

There is very little downtime, but I recommend asking your Dr about their preferred protocols. If you have loose skin and large amount of fat you will need skin removal at the same time and this is a larger procedure.  I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Smart Lipo

Thank you for posting your question. While you may experience some minor bruising, you should be able to return to your normal routine within a day or two. Patients are encouraged to remain active after the surgery to promote healing. You may shower 24 hours after your procedure. You may also experience some aches similar to those experienced after a physical workout. This minor pain can be relieved with over-the-counter pain medications. Patients are dressed in a compression garment after the surgery to reduce swelling. The elastic garment is worn for about two weeks to retain your new body contour.  Results can be seen immediately after the procedure but the final contour evolves and refines over weeks to several months as swelling decreases and the skin tightens. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I allow my patients to return to work the very next day

My patients return to work the next day. of course, you will be a bit sore but it is easily doable. some patients prefer to do it on a friday, so that they can return to work on monday. i do all of my Smartlipo under local anesthesia, often with just oral sedation (a pill and no IVs). i allow my patients to return to full exercising in 5 days and they shower the next day.

the nose surgery will slow you down much more. 

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Downtime

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon as it differs per patients. Most patients will only need a couple days of downtime after smart lipo and can usually return to their regular duties and very light exercise after a week or so. Your rhinoplasty is what will have the longest recovery time for you as it can last up to a year before you are completely healed and all swelling has resolved. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon