Will I need to be re stitched and will this affect the tightening procedure I had done? (photos)

I had labiaplasty and vaginoplasty done 4 weeks ago I developed a big lump that just would not go away even doing everything advised.My surgeon is a 2hr flight away so it's not a quick easy visit.i now near my lump have this opening and have no idea what it is or how to fix it! Will I need to be re stitched? I have been on anti biotics for 2 weeks now, I will also contact my surgeon but would like different opinions please, stressing pretty hard and just want all these complications over !

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months, so for either of these issues you could possibly stand to wait a little longer to ensure that the healing process continues well. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well, and you should be able to try any of these options at home to help with healing of the area. If things are still troubled in a few months you would then likely be best off to see your surgeon in person to make sure that healing is completing properly. Good luck!

Open perineoplasty incision: what to do; when to re-repair?

The LP looks fine; I can't see the perineoplasty separation well. In either case, you will need to wait until the incision [opening] has TOTALLY healed to be re-excised & re-sutured. I would counsel you to make that decision 2-3 months after surgery (complete healing), but to wait until 5-6 months after original surgery (it takes that long for the area to fully RE-VASCULARIZE) to have your re-repair, if you wish. As for effects on your tightening, I couldn't begin to accurately counsel you without an in-person evaluation.
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Loose skin at perineum after vaginoplasty labiaplasty combo

This is easy to fix, but do nothing for now. It's not infected and antibiotics will not change the appearance. Restitching needs to wait a few months until the area has healed and the skin is strong enough to hold sutures again.

Best to wait a good 6 months to see if the lump goes away on its own. It may be a cyst and, in that case, may persist and may need to be excised. As long as it is not hurting you, I would recommend you wait and see. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Partial Perineal Separation

I find that the labia and perineum really need to be stitched meticulously in order to stay closed. Partially because of moisture, bacteria, movement, swelling propensity: these tissues are prone to breaking down and opening up.This looks like partial opening of the perineum. The hope is that the deeper muscle layers were repaired and that they will stay intact. There is no way to just re-stitch the labia or perineum when they open up in the healing phase. Just watch and wait for 6 months, as annoying as that sounds, and try again. There are some basic wound care instructions that your doctor should give you and that's the most critical thing for you and your comfort. 
Sorry that this happened but the good news is that this area heals quite fast and you should be OK!

Perineal breakdown

Miss P:
It is not uncommon for the perineal area to have a superficial breakdown in about 5-10% of the time in my practice and I have been performing perineoplasties for more than 25 years.   Your results are outstanding.Give it time and all should heal well.  
John R Miklos MD

Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta  ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Will I need to be re stitched and will this affect the tightening procedure I had done?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Your labiaplasty looks to be healing quite well and you have obtained a very nice result. Below your labiaplasty it appears that you had a perineoplasty procedure performed and have had some separation of the suture closure.  I would recommend sending the images to your surgeon and discussing the results over the phone as they know the full details of what was repaired.  At this point you would need to allow your skin time to resolve its swelling before any possible revision procedure.  Hope this helps.