At what stage should you begin to think about a failed FUT hair transplant?

i had 3,800 grafts at a very credible surgery in Sydney, Australia and recovered very well. Post op 5 months no growth at all, zero. They say some people grow slowly, if i were to begin to see growth at 6-8 months, would i see growth at different intervals of time? for example@ 6 months , @ 8 months, @ 10 months , ect?? Basically what i mean would i continue to see growth , I'm assuming all the grafts don't grow all at once. Thanks for all the Doctors of the world with your opinions regards

Transplant Failure?

Generally I wouldn't start seriously considering a transplant to be a failure until the patient is at 8-10 months with no growth. While most people achieve full growth by month 12, if you start later it is possible that you can see changes keep occurring until up to 18 months. Don't lose hope yet!

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplant Failure?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  In some rare cases you may not see results for over a year.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Failed FUT hair transplant

Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant. İt's normal for new growing hair starting to get native characteristics, waviness, curl in first 4-5 months..This actually takes 10-13 months for hair to become full mature , as thick and bright  as native hair. but if you see nothing after 5 months , you have a problem about un succesfull result. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Failed FUT hair transplant

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Failed hair transplant

After 8 months, if the hair has not grown out, you might start thinking about a failed hair transplant as I would expect to see 80% of the growth my then. If you were my patient, I would want to know and make nit right!!!!!

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Failed hair transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth

I certainly wouldn't be concerned yet. It's pretty uncommon for none of the hair transplanted to grow.  The grafts grow at different times, and the growth can be noted around 6 months.  Typically a full evaluation is done at 12 months to determine success.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon