At what stage should you begin to think about a failed FUT hair transplant?

i had 3,800 grafts at a very credible surgery in Sydney, Australia and recovered very well. Post op 5 months no growth at all, zero. They say some people grow slowly, if i were to begin to see growth at 6-8 months, would i see growth at different intervals of time? for example@ 6 months , @ 8 months, @ 10 months , ect?? Basically what i mean would i continue to see growth , I'm assuming all the grafts don't grow all at once. Thanks for all the Doctors of the world with your opinions regards

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  In some rare cases you may not see results for over a year.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Failed FUT hair transplant

Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant. İt's normal for new growing hair starting to get native characteristics, waviness, curl in first 4-5 months..This actually takes 10-13 months for hair to become full mature , as thick and bright  as native hair. but if you see nothing after 5 months , you have a problem about un succesfull result. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Failed hair transplant

After 8 months, if the hair has not grown out, you might start thinking about a failed hair transplant as I would expect to see 80% of the growth my then. If you were my patient, I would want to know and make nit right!!!!!

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth

I certainly wouldn't be concerned yet. It's pretty uncommon for none of the hair transplanted to grow.  The grafts grow at different times, and the growth can be noted around 6 months.  Typically a full evaluation is done at 12 months to determine success.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon