Small holes 17 days post-op. Can I use embrace scar therapy? (Photo)

I have been told to take off the supportive tape from my surgeons nurse today as I was concerned there was a small hole under it, when I took it off there is about 3 small holes. No stitches coming or to be seen. Very minimal ooze, Slightly stings now, I have cleansed with normal saline and put a normal dressing over the problem area. And started silicon sheeting to the sides. I am wondering can I use the embrace system in the middle to keep minimal tension to avoid it coming open further?

Scar Treatment

Though I do recommend silicone gel or sheeting in my practice I advise patients not to begin applying it until incisions are completely healed- no scabs or open areas at all because silicone occludes the wound and can delay healing at that stage.

I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine and advise you.

All the best

Small holes 17 days post-op. Can I use embrace scar therapy?

I would not recommend it until the holes have healed.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Post op results

It is really common to experience the "holes" that you reference. They will heal with time however, if they really bother you, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon to discuss. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon