Slightly saggy breasts. Could I get away with augmentation only, and no lift? (Photo)

Hi, I contacted a surgery hoping to get breast augmentation and was told to send through some photos before my consultation. I did that and then got a generic email back basically saying they thought I would need a lift and implants and that they don't offer that service and referring me to get a lift and implants, which I would rather avoid rather than get the scarring associated with a lift. I'm 27 and have lost a lot of weight.

Slightly saggy breasts. Could I get away with augmentation only, and no lift?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photos, Breast Augmentation only is not enough, Breast sagging that occurs with age, weight fluctuations and pregnancy may couse aesthetic problems and lack of confidence. Breast lifting surgery is intended to correct sagging and providing increased lift, position and firmness.
Sagging can be fixed also by incisionless way of skin tightening, The Spider Web Technique. By Spider Web Technique, dozens of threads that will mellt away in time placed via very fine needlles under the skin trigges body itself to produce collagen and cell regenation. The cell regenation and collagene production results with tighening and regeneration of skin. The Spider Web Technique can also be combined with other surgery applications.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

A Combination Lift-Augmentation Is Probably Best

Thank you for reaching out with your question, noliftplease. Your desire to avoid the lift is common and understandable. Based on the photos you've provided, though, I believe you would benefit most from combining a lift with breast augmentation, especially if you are considering larger implants. If you choose a highly qualified and experienced plastic surgeon and diligently care for your incisions following the procedure, it's likely the scars will fade quite a bit more than you expect. Most patients who come in worried about breast lifts end up finding the experience much easier than they expected. I think that route would be the best choice for you, helping your results last as long as possible. Of course, only a surgeon who performs a personal exam and who understands your cosmetic goals can provide the most accurate advice. Best of luck with your decision.

Rocco C. Piazza, MD

Lift & Implants

Hi NoLift Please

Based on your photos, I think you will get your best result from implants + lift. If you have lost a lot of weight, I would doubly recommend the lift as well as the implants.

Whilst you can try to fill your existing breast skin envelope with implants only, your resulting shape and position of your nipple on your chest wall will be suboptimal.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Lift/BA options

Thank you for your question and photos. You may have more than one surgical options depending on your expectations for surgery. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. They will examine yo, discuss your goals and make recommendations based on your measurements, skin quality and th desired "look" you are after.

All the ebst

Augmentation with lift?

Hi, there
In-person examination or more views of your body will be needed to give you a more accurate assessment and surgical recommendation.  
Based on your frontal view of the chest, your result may be better with lift.
You should have an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that he/she can examine you and understand your goal.
Best regards.

Breast augmentation and/or breast lift?

Thanks for your question and photographs.  Based on your photographs alone, you would benefit from a lift with implants to provide you with optimal shape and size.  Breast augmentation simply adds volume to your breast so you would need a very large implant to achieve a good result. Its highly likely that if you proceeded with a breast augmentation alone, you would require a lift down the track. Typically the scar trade off for breast lift surgery is quite minor given the results achieved and within 12 months or so the scars fade significantly.  Did you send your pictures to one of the ultra cheap clinics that have sprung up in recent years?  Beware of advice regarding referrals from such clinics.  Do your own research and find an experienced plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Breasts augmentation with mini lift

Dear Australian,
  Thanks for submitting your picture. From observing your picture, you appears to have B cup size with level 2 ptosis (moderate ) and large areolas.
 I see many patients like yourself on a weekly basis , since it is very common condition after weight loss or having children.
 After being over 28 years in plastic surgery practice and performing thousands of breasts augmentation surgeries, I can tell you that the best option for you is breasts augmentation with implants and at the same time have mini lift (donut ) procedure  (since you do not want vertical scar ).
  This technique will give you beautiful and perky breasts with smaller and more attractive areolas. The scars are placed right at the border of the areola that separates the dark color  from the white color of the skin. This is a natural line and the scar with the pleats fade after 3-4 months. This is a good trade off for beautiful breasts.
  Breasts augmentation alone will be a very disappointing compromise and might result in severe ptosis and possibly double bubble. These complication will have heavy financial consequences due to the necessary corrective surgery.
  So, do your due diligence and choose wisely.
 Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breasts augmentation with a lift , in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the 'realself' reviews for positive experience reports.
                   Best of luck.
                                     Dr Widder

Breast augmentation

One option is to do the augmentation first and see how you like the results after several months.  If at that time you feel you need a lift then it can be done in a second stage.  Hopefully you will be happy with the augmentation.  Staging the operation is the more conservative approach.

John Burns, MD

Breast augmentation may give the illusion of a lift

I can understand your confusion because you are borderline in your need for a lift. I believe that you could get a good result with an implant alone. Oftentimes, an augmentation can give the illusion of a lift. After a minimum of 9 months, when the implant has settled, you'll have a better idea whether or not you think your breasts are perky enough. You can always get a lift later if needed; in the future, pregnancy and more significant weight change may or may not affect your perkiness.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation without a lift for breast ptosis (breast sag)

Implants above the muscle can fill out the loose skin, however, I DO NOT ADVISE IT.  It will give you a ball in a sac look and with time the breasts tissue will stretch and sag more.  Placing the implants under the muscle will leave the loose tissue hanging and will not be aesthetically pleasing.  A breast lift will help remove the excessive skin.  Adding volume with implants or fat will them be up to you.   You do have natural and pretty breasts, you may consider not doing any surgery at all. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS