What size implants are right for me? (photos)

I want my butt to be a bigger and more round but I don't know what size implants to go for so how will i know what size is right for me?

Buttock implant sizing

One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible...even in the most petite patients. Traditionally, teardrop oval implants have a 30+% risk of rotation and thus unnaturally change the buttock shape/appearance when doing so.  However, one year ago I created and patented a new "Stanton Anatomic" shaped implant that avoids this issue - not a single rotation problem in 200+ patients. The benefit of this is the fact that ~80% of women patients have more of an oval shaped buttock cheek than round, thus creating a much more natural and harmonious buttock contour. Thus, the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery. 

The largest stock buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 750cc round implant. For the implant brand i prefer and my Stanton Anatomic Oval implants, the largest is 600cc. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants should only be placed under or at least within the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant much over 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal. If a patient wants larger implants, 9-12 months after the initial implants have settled in to place and the muscle relaxed/stretched, then a second operation can be performed to replace them (similar to the process of going bigger with breast implants).   

Be aware, the "subfascial" space that is sometimes talked about is not a real potential space to place a buttock implant. It is essentially the same as a subcutaneous pocket (ie on top of the muscle/under the skin and fat layer only) and therefore should be avoided at all costs.

Some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with cartoonish bottoms could have either gotten extremely lucky with a huge oversized implant (very unlikely if properly placed under the muscle), had a very large volume of filler injected such as silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, or hydrogel - all NOT recommended because of high risk of severe infections, migration and/or hardening over time,  and even deadly consequences in rare but significant instances (if mistakenly injected into the blood stream); and/or have been genetically "blessed" - although quite unlikely.
I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of infection. For fat to survive it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well. Fat transfer later on must be done very carefully and cautiously, preferably by the original surgeon, for the very same reasons as above. In both instances, the risk/reward ratio is very high (meaning high risk to very low potential reward) because over 80% of the fat is likely to melt away yielding very small gains in augmentation. 
Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.
Glad to help.

Buttock Implants

The appropriate size of the buttock implant is based on physical examination and measurements. The quality of skin elasticity and muscle.

Your desired look may need also a hip implant

Butt implant size

Butt implant size is determined by implant diameter and buttocks diameter and not necessary your height and weight; Please see link below to appreciate what maximum implant size would be the best for you.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

What size implants are right for me?

Most patients are great candidates for buttock implants, buttock fat grafting (Brazilian Butt Lift, BBL), or a combination of both. This is why I would recommend focusing less on the cc volume of the implants. If fat volumes are very limited, it is possible to utilize a combination of gluteal implants, with fat grafting to the hips. You need to definitely see a plastic surgeon that is extremely comfortable with all forms of implants and grafting techniques to assure you are given all the options available to you. Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve the look you want. Good Luck!

Size of Buttock Implant

Thanks for your question. A simple way to calculate the right size of buttock implant is to determine the width of butt cheeks in centimeters.This will allow you to know the proper base size for your implant. As for the projection of the implant, it is difficult to determine on your own. You may have to consult with an expert.

For more accurate implant size that is right for you, you would better consult with a board-certified plastic surgoen.