Sickness before surgery

Hello. I'm booked for my BA surgery in 12 days. Over the past week I've had a stomach bug and now a cold (of course after being well all year). My question is, generally what's the cut off time before surgery that I would need to be completely well? 1 week before, just a few days before or just by the day of surgery? I'm worried my immune system will still be compromised in light of my recent/current sickness which might lead to other complications. Thanks so much

Sickness before surgery

Hi, thank you for your question. As long as you are in good mental and physical health on the day of your surgery and you pass all the required laboratory test, you are good to go for surgery. However please make sure to notify your surgeon about this so he can give specific advises. 

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Sickness before surgery

Always best to communicate any illness with your surgeon's office. We make it a practice to call all of our upcoming surgical patients a few days prior to surgery to discuss their general wellness and go over any questions in anticipation of surgery. Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Sickness prior to surgery.

Hi!  The best thing would be to let your doctor know what's going on. Hopefully you will be well enough for your surgery. 

Wishes for wellness to you!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you make your surgeon aware of your illness and discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You should be fine

The goal is to be without fever and good general health.  You should have plenty of time to recover. Rest and recover.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizgucuchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS