Scar too tight after explant. (photos)

9 months ago I had breast implants put in and a lift.My ps explanted them 4 weeks ago and did some internal stitches to lift up the breast tissue.I am worried because the scar in my right breast seems too tight and creates a dent in the middle of the lower breast.The ps said that in between 4-8 weeks the scars are at their tightest and that they would soften after. I'm worried because I've seen no change at all and I want to be realistic. Could the shape end up being round at the bottom? Thanks

You are still very early in your healing phase and need to give your tissue time for the swelling to subside and the tissues relax. Your surgeon can show you how to massage the area which can help. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal - now an indented lift scar

Thank you for asking about your breast explant and lift.
  • This indentation can occur - but wait a full six months.
  • At that point, you may be fine.
  • But if the scar is still indented, your surgeon can correct it.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Scar too tight after explant.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  At four weeks your tissues and incisions are still quite swollen and tight.  As time matures your results you should see steady improvement in your breast appearance with a rounding out of the lower portion of each breast.  I know waiting is difficult but hang in there for a few more months to see your long-term shape.  Be sure to maintain close follow up with your surgeon in the interim.

Please be patient, the scars will change significantly over the next couple months.  Worst case (and it is definitely to early to say) a minor scar revision could be done with a local anesthetic at 6-12 mo postop.  Good luck, Jane