Sagging already 2 weeks post op mastopexy. (photos)

I feel like my breasts aren't "perky" enough after my breast lift almost 2 weeks ago. I want them higher on my chest and my nipples higher. Will they get perkier or will they be like this forever? Do I need a revision or implants perhaps? Thanks

Sagging already 2 weeks post op mastopexy.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

2 weeks postop

It is still very early days and it is impossible to comment without seeing some standardised preop and postop photos. If you are unhappy with the upper fullness you could consider fat transfer or implants. It is relatively easy to lift the nipple higher but it is much more difficult to lower the nipple. I would keep in touch with your PS and explain your concerns to him/her.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Sagging 2 Weeks Post Op

After you have had a chance to heal, a minor revision may be needed.  Follow up with your surgeon as he recommends.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sagging already 2 weeks post op mastopexy

Without pre-op photos- it's difficult to give the best answer.However, based on your submitted photos- your sterna notch to nipple distance appears somewhat elongated, therefore in my opinion- a discussion with your Surgeon is in order and you may need additional lifting to achieve your best result