Rhinoplasty regret; has anyone else experienced this? (Photos)

I'm 8 days post op form a rhinoplasty and my cast was removed today. I am absolutely mortified by the results and am feeling highly anxious and so upset. My surgeon said my swelling was so good it looked like someone 3 weeks post op which makes my result seem more definitive. I specifically asked for no ski jump nose and I feel that is EXACTLY what I have achieved. I am mortified and so upset has anyone else experienced this?

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 8 days, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Rhinoplasty results

This is a very common issue at your stage in healing. Indeed over the next 2 weeks your nose will change on a near daily basis before you start to see some consistency in what it looks like. Try to avoid thinking about it for several weeks before you start to critically analyze it. Depending on how much tip work was performed and how the tip was stabilized, your "ski jump" may disappear completely. The most important thing for you to do is to discuss your concerns with your surgeon as they know what occurred in surgery.

Aric K. Park, MD