Rhinoplasty for droopy tip. Is there a surgeon out there that can give me the nose I want without making it too short?

I want rhinoplasty for my droopy tip but I'm concerned I might end up with a short nose. It's already quite small. I've attached a photo of what I want. Elegant with possibly a subtle curve, and a tiny bit off my bridge bump. Can this be achieved? I'm currently in the United States and willing to travel anywhere for the right surgeon.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

I dont see a reason why this cant be achievable. I completly agree with you, that it can be shortened.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experince in Rhinoplasty. This can be done.

I, like a few other colleagues offer online consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what will be the proper treatment to achieve the result you desires.

Dr. Luis Redondo

Rhinoplasty question

Based on your photos, your desired results appear to be reasonable and should be able to be achieved. I would recommend doing research to find an experienced rhinoplasty with whom you feel confident.

Ask to see several pre and post operative photos and discuss the techniques proposed to achieve the results you desire.

Steven J. Smith, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rotation

Hi Catreal.  Tip rotation is a feasible rhinoplasty maneuver.  Select a surgeon whom you feel comfortable with, one who can show you multiple before and after photos of patients with similar concerns.  Regards, Anand Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very Achievable, Consult a Rhinoplasty Expert

Hello and thank you for your question. You have a tip that looks droopy and likely looks like it plunges when you smile because your tip angle is less than 90 degrees. Rotating the nasal tip is what solves this issue and this can be done in a number of ways. 

Please go to a surgeon who really understands this "deformity" as it is very misunderstood. The problem is more complex than previously thought. On my website you can find a lot more information or if you can, try to access either of my 2 articles on the Plunging Tip in Rhinoplasty.  Make sure to look at a lot of before and after photos of patients who your surgeon has operated on to make sure you like the "look" of the noses.

Aaron Kosins, MD
Plastic & Rhinoplasty Surgeon

Aaron Kosins, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a drooping tip

After reviewing your photos and reading your concerns, I think you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  In essence, your tip can be raised and bolstered with cartilage grafts to keep long-lasting, aesthetically-pleasing results.  I recommend seeking out a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who will accurately examine your nose, and formulate a plan tailored to your wishes. Best wishes!

Tip Rotation Without Shortenin

The short answer is that yes it is possible to rotate your tip and change the contour of the dorsum of your nose without shortening. And there are many plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons that can accomplish that goal. One thing that you must keep in mind, however, is that the computer generated imagery is not a guarantee of exactly what you will look like.

No plastic surgeon that I know will give you a guarantee that you will look exactly a certain way and so sometimes the imaging can be a bit unrealistic.If you present to a plastic surgeons office and say that you would like a smoother dorsum, some tip rotation, or more tip projection then your surgeon should be able to accomplish this. On the other hand, if you present to the office and say that you want to look exactly a certain way, then that may be unrealistic and you may be disappointed.

If you can explain to your surgeon what your goals are then your surgeon can tell what is possible, how it will be achieved, and what you can realistically expect as a result.  Best of luck to you! 

Al Rosenthal, MD
Lawrenceville Plastic Surgeon