Revision - worth it for 30ccs? VERY petite and worried they are too big.

I had a BA in 2013 and originally had 185cc unders placed. Due to complications, replaced with 215cc HP Furry brazilians (10.2cm width). I have regretted it ever since. I am VERY petite (5'2/158cm and only 39kg/90lbs) and had a BWD of approx 9.75cm and worry is too big for my small frame. I still get dull aching pains around the incision on both sides,(is this normal, or is it possible my skin is now just hypersensitive?) and can feel the implant. Do you think it is worth it to go back to 185cc?

Breast Revision to Include Smaller Implants

It is certainly feasible to #downsize to smaller implants and also alter the positioning; if possible. However, decreasing is size may also require a Breast #Lift to to #tighten loose skin, better optimize the end result. Any #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome.

Ging smaller worth it?

From your story, I would not recommend another surgery based on size. 15 cc is probably trivial at this point and your issues would likely not be improved with that change.

Type of implant and soft tissue coverage are likely more the issue. Second opinions can be revealing. Good luck

Mark Eberbach, MD

Revisionary breast surgery worth it?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.  

I think that you are wise in considering the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery.  Generally speaking, I advise patients to carefully consider their degree of concern with the outcome of the initial breast surgery and weigh these concerns against the potential risks/complications associated with the planned revisionary breast surgery.   For example, if the patient is concerned about her breast appearance on a daily or frequent basis, it is likely that revisionary surgery will be helpful when it comes to improving her quality of life.  On the other hand, if the patient's degree of concern seems minor and/or she is infrequently concerned about the areas of concern, I would recommend against revisionary  breast surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.