Will results of lower and upper blephastophy get better over time? (Photos)

I have recently had a lower and upper blephastophy done in Bali by a reputable PS. I am now back in Australia 19 days post op and really don't see a big difference and was wondering if the results will improve with time as some reviewers suggested? I also had lower face and neck lift which also does not look a great deal different.

Post-op Questions

Hi rozoz,Thanks for your question and photos. Based on your photos, I would say that you have an appropriate amount of residual post-op swelling. The swelling in your upper eyelids should continue to improve. We find that the majority of the swelling and bruising is usually gone by about 2 weeks. But the last 10-20% of swelling can take 6 months to resolve. Overall, I would continue being patient. I think you will continue to improve.Hope this helps, good luck!

Will results continue to improve after 19 days following blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question. Results improve following blepharoplasty for 6-12 months. It does appear that you might have a small amount of extra skin to remove. This is far better than having had a bit too much removed. See your doctor for all follow up appointments.   Good luck,

Normal healing process

At only 3 weeks, you will certainly has swelling and scar tissue that masks your result and cause asymmetry. This is a part of recovery and is to be expected at this point after a blepharoplasty. Be patient with your recovery and give your body time to heal. Be sure to keep any follow ups you may have with your surgeon for his or her advise and evaluation. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #blepharoplasty #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty results

In reviewing your pictures from your upper and lower blepharoplasties, I do see a difference in your before and after pictures. In regards to your question if the results will improve, it will depend on what your concerns are and what you are looking for to improve. Generally speaking, I do not think you're going to have significant changes in the upper and lower eyelids during your healing process. Things will tend to get better, are fullness in areas that looks swollen and the incisions that will continue to improve.