Would replacing my 405cc silicon moderate w/ 520 moderate plus give me a fuller, higher, larger & even size breasts. (photo)

I had 405 moderate silicon implants 2 years ago. I wanted a larger result with more cleavage and I want the smaller breast corrected so they are equal in size. I would like to replace them with 520cc moderate plus hoping this will achieve my desired result. I am 5ft 7 58 kilos and currently wear a 12d bra. I spoke to my surgeon about revision surgery and he told me the size difference was minimal and I will never get perfect size breasts. Could u pls advise me about this. Thank you

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best implant you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants.

Would replacing my 405cc silicon moderate w/ 520 moderate plus give me a fuller, higher, larger & even size breasts.

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, careful selection of breast implant type, size, profile (sometimes along with adjustment of breast implant capsules) will be necessary.    You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Ultimately, careful physical examination, measurements, and communication of your goals will be critical. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “larger result” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Getting larger, more even breasts

Thank you for asking about your breast implant revision.
  • You have have larger implants -
  • The question is how to get them more even.
  • It is true that every woman has different sized breasts -
  • But if it bothers you - one should try to correct it.
  • The problem is the gel implants - as size changes, so does the width of the implant and these implants cannot be adjusted.
  • If closer size is important, your new implants need to be saline of the same size -
  • With the amount of saline adjusted on the operating table at the time of surgery to get the closest possible match.
  • There are pros and cons to saline implants - ask your surgeon to explain so you can decide if doing this is worth your while.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Working towards your goals

I think that if you feel that one side is smaller, using different implant size will help you achieve better symmetry.  Larger wider breast implants will also help you get better cleavage but will require pocket modification.  You should not just simply remove and replace your implants in the same pocket.Best Wishes,nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS