How can I reduce swelling & remove scars from Liposuction? My nipples are hard & I feel like there is a stone inside it.(photo)

I did lipo surgery in my chest 6 weeks ago and my nipples now are puffy and hard from swelling ,is there any way i can reduce swelling faster ?And also how can i heal the scars fast, as it can be seen in the photo its very clear and noticiable , is there any way i heal them fast? Thanks

Swelling and Scars 6 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for posting. The first thing I would say is to be patient. At six weeks you are very early in the healing phase and swelling is normal. As for the scars, they can take up to one year to reach their final state. They should gradually fade in color. The first 3 months the scars can look the most noticeable. If the scars are raised, then I would do massage to try and flatten them. Otherwise tincture of time should lead to their improvement.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Swelling, Scars & Nipple Concerns Following Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Time to recover

You're still early in your recovery.

At six weeks, your results will be fairly close to final, but there are still changes.

The skin incisions will take the longest to mature.

Skin incisions can continue to change for as long as a year and, at times, even longer. Expect them to look much better at six months.

You may want to consider using silicone sheeting over your incisions to speed up the healing process.

We recommend the use of Safetac. You can order it online from Amazon.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon to have him or her address your concerns.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

How can I reduce swelling & remove scars from Liposuction? My nipples are hard & I feel like there is a stone inside it

What you are experiencing is the normal course of events after the procedure. You cant rather  you should not attempt anything to reduce swelling fast or else you might end up with lose skin on your chest. remember you have to give tissue time to heal. 

Swelling after chest liposuction

I understand your concern, but you are experiencing NORMAL post op healing after liposuction surgery. Swelling will disappear with time and your scars will also improve with proper care. Seek advice from your surgeon 

Robert M. Tornambe, MD