Redness after breast implants & lift; is this a concern? (Photos)

Hi, I'm almost 4 weeks post lift & implant. I've has this redness the last couple of weeks but today my right breast is more swollen, sore & red. I've been on the same antibiotics for about 2 - 3 weeks as I had a slight infection in my thighs (which were also lifted). No fever present. Should I be concerned? Thank in advance!

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Breast redness

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  Please be communicating with your surgeon about your redness.  It is uncommon to be so one sided at this juncture.  Please be examined, good luck.  

Redness after breast implants & lift; is this a concern?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD