How is my recovery coming along? (photos)

Had surgery a week ago, surgeon said my left side is extra swollen due to bleeding during surgery. Surgeon said he had to restitch the area. My question is will the left side be similar in size with the right or will it be, after swelling, that little bit bigger? Also can I have some advice and or feedback on my surgeries work? Thankyou in advance.

How is my recovery coming along?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  It appears that your incisions are healing well for a week after your surgery and you have already gotten a nice improvement from your starting appearance.  As your swelling resolves you will have a better idea as to your final result but I would anticipate a fairly symmetrical size and appearance.  Hope this helps. 

Swelling after Labioplasty

I think your results are looking really good! I typically see a fair amount of swelling at the 1 week mark, and the tissue is really sensitive to irritation from incompletely dissolved sutures, friction, and inflammation from healing. I would expect your results to continue to get even better over the next 2-4 weeks!

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months as well, so you should continue to treat the tissue yourself if these issues are still there. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. While you can proceed with these options to help with swelling and discomfort, the issue of bleeding will need to be taken in person to your surgeon for evaluation of the incision area. I wish you the best, and hope that healing continues well!

Labiaplasty recovery

Hi!  It appears from your pictures that you had labia minora reduction and prepuce reduction and you have had quite a change already. The swelling is normal and you will have some for 8-12 weeks so expect further reduction of the tissue as of yet to come.  Keep following your surgeon's instructions and this appears you are headed for a nice result.
Hope this helps

Scott M GulinsonMD
Obgyn and Cosmetic Vulvovaginal Surgeon
Glendale, AZ

A week certainly isn't enough time to judge your results.  Your surgeon was careful to leave enough of the labia minor to give you the "coverage" you need, since the labia major is quite limited.  You've GOT to have something to "fill the gap".  Most of the asymmetry should resolve. That being said, evaluate at 2-3 months with your surgeon to see if there is anything else you would like to do.  

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Good Result

Still swollen and will take time to resolve. Swelling will normalize by about 3-4 weeks postop. Follow all of the instructions. Looks like you had a good plastic surgeon to help you. Smart move on your part.