Pain in cheekbone 14months after facelift in thailand. What do you think this could be and should I see a doctor.

Hello, I am an Australian, about 6 months after my face lift I had some fillers in my cheeks etc. recently whilst applying skin cream etc. I have noticed it is tender and painful to touch my left cheekbone in the area where it meets with my ear. I have not injured this are at all, it has been tender and sore to touch for about three weeks with no sign of improvement. Please help, kind regards, Tania

Seek a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon.

By your stage of convalescence you should be effectively symptom-free. There's really no way to know what the source of your discomfort is but you should be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon. It would be best if you can bring a copy of your operative note from Thailand.

Pain in cheek bone 14 months after facelift in Thailand

Thank you for your question. Pain and tenderness can be a short-term side effect to an area where dermal filler is placed. However, it would be wise to follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon who also has experience with dermal fillers. Best of luck.

Pain in cheeks after fillers

It seems unlikely that the face lift and/or fillers caused new pain in the area, given how long its been. I would suspect another source. If this doesnt resovle in  a week or so, I would follow up with your local doctor and do a workup that my include an MRI

best wishes

Pain in #cheekbones 14 months post #facelift in Thailand; issues with Medical Tourism

Pictures might help but an in-person examination with a local plastic surgeon would be better.  

Have you had fillers in the same areas at any point in time?  Any history of permanent fillers?  Were any fillers injected while in Thailand?  Approved fillers differ between countries.

It seems late for any facelift-related issues to arise after surgery.  But issues with some permanent fillers are known to surface many months and sometimes years after the injection (chronic granuloma).  

Perhaps you can get some infos from your Thai clinic...

I run into similar issues in Canada when patients go to other countries and can non-Canada approved products are being injected; we often do not know what the products were and it renders the treatment of issues more complicated.

Should it be a chronic granulamatous reaction, some localised treatments might be indicated.  Consult with a plastic surgeon and try to get your Thai Clinic records.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

Pain in cheek after facelift

It is unclear whether the pain you're having is related to your facelift, or the fillers you had placed. If related to the fillers, it could represent a granuloma which is a focus of inflammation. It could potentially represent an infection, which would be uncommon this far out from either procedure.
If related to the facelift, it could be a stitch eroding to the surface, or a neuroma, which is a painful scar around the nerve. Any of these potential explanations are odd to arise suddenly so far out after a procedure like that. I think it would be best if you were examined in person, as some of the above may have some physical manifestations which can help solve this mystery.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tenderness in cheeks after facelfit/filler

Unfortunately without seeing you for an exam it is impossible to tell you what is going on,  you need to make an appointment to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.     Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain after facelift

You should definitely see a doctor to make sure you're okay and that something like an infection isn't occurring.

Face lift - persistent facial pain

Thank you for asking about your post-face lift pain.

Yes, if you are in pain 6 months after your surgery abroad, you should see a Board Certified Australian plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Pain in Cheekbone

Thank you for your question.  I am so sorry that you are having this issue.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon who specializes in facelifts.  Without seeing you in person, or knowing exactly what was performed in surgery, it is difficult to know why you are having pain in this area.

I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin 

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Tania00,

The safest route would be to be evaluated by a physician.  Soreness for three weeks could be the sign of an infection or possibly just an ingrown hair.  If the stitches used for your face lift do not dissolve, one of them may be infected or forming a granuloma.  If the filler was injected in that area, it may be infected.  To properly evaluate the cuase of the soreness a physciain should be involved.

I hop e this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon