My nose is crooked and goes slightly to the left. What can I do about it? (Photo)

My nose is crooked and goes slightly to the left. I'm hesitant to do surgery, but wonderinf your thoughts on using a filler or having surgery etc. thank you, veronica

Septorhinoplasty Surgery

Thanks for your photos.Doing only fillers in your case will be not enough as you need a nose reduction for the hump and the tip.A septorhinoplasty will be needed.Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.Good luck.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Septorhinoplasty

Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for a septorhinoplasty to address concerns about the look of your nose. Non-invasive options, like fillers, will not serve much purpose. You should consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area so that he or she can perform an in-person exam, discuss options, and have computer imaging performed to simulate the effects of surgery. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Fillers will not help improve the shape of your nose.  A rhinoplasty can certainly help straighten your nose and give you better definition and shape.  3D imaging can help you see the proposed changes prior to surgery.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

My nose is crooked and goes slightly to the left. What can I do about it?

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be straightened and cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty and probable septoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make.

Fillers will not achieve a reasonable result in a patient with your anatomy.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with.  If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

Thanks for your question and the photos. You do have quite a lot of deviation, do you have problems with breathing as well? You should have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to establish what your concerns are as well as what is involved in addressing them.This should include a thorough examination as well as  imaging to clearly define both what you are seeking as well as what is possible both in terms of shape as well as function. Fillers will be of no use in straightening your nose, surgery will be necessary if you decide to make a worthwhile change. Take your time and consider if the information provided in your consultation addresses your concerns, if not get a second opinion.

Crooked nose

The treatment of choice for the nasal deviation is a septo-rhinoplasty. This involves straightening the septum, and performing osteotomies. Cartilage or bone grafts may have to used help straighten parts of the nose.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

#rhinoplasty

Hi

It looks to me as if your nasal bones are straight but that the cartilage part of your nose called the septum has a very large deviation to the left. Non surgical interventions will not help.  You would need a full septorhinoplasty to correct this problem.

Regards

Damien

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Non-surgical procedures will not fix the slight crookedness in your nose, however, Rhinoplasty (or a nose job) is a solution to your nose. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon