My nose is causing me insecurities. Is rhinoplasty an option for me? (Photo)

I have had insecurities about my nose for a very long time. Especially the way my face appears in a side on profile. There is a bump, and a slightly hanging columella which protrudes when I smile. I am unsure whether it is my nose that is causing my face to appear a certain way on profile or something else? I feel it is too big for my face & I was wondering whether I would be a candidate for rhinoplasty & whether rhinoplasty would be an option to assist in the appearance of my face dramatically.

Rhinoplasty and facing insecurities

Hi,

A rhinoplasty that is well planned will be designed to create a result that is in harmony with the rest of your face, and compliments your other features.

The length and width of the result will be based on the surrounding facial proportion, and the masculine features will be replaced with more feminine proportions. Done well the result should be seamless and draw compliments for the right reasons and not the wrong ones

Jeremy HUNT

#rhinoplasty

Hi. The critical thing about a rhinoplasty is that it does significantly improve the appearance of the entire face. I think you would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and it would complement your other fine facial features. There ate a number of elements which could be addressed which I would go through in person. 

Regards 

Damien

Rhinoplasty candidate

You are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty to soften the appearance of your nose.  I suggest you schedule a consultation with a surgeon to discuss details and expectations.  Some surgeons will also offer photo morphing which could give you an idea of what you could look like after surgery.  

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Rhinoplasty

Because you nose sits in the middle of your face, improving it's appearance changes your entire facial balance. It is one of the many reasons that rhinoplasty has such a high patient satisfaction rating. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon