Am I a good candidate for neck liposuction? I don't want a general anesthetic (Photo)

Hi . I have asked this question before . So i have put up a better photo of before and after. Im 53 years old and 9 months ago i had sculpture injection in jaw area and just under cheek bone . i have only put on 3 kilios in this time my face has changed and i feel as tho every thing has moved and now have this thickness in my neck area . Is there some thing that May help as i dont want to be a sleep during a procedure Thankyou

Neck liposuction after Sculptra?

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
  • Your photo suggests to me that you have loose skin as well as fat contributing to your poor neck.
  • If so, liposuction will remove the fat and make the skin noticeably looser - not a good look!
  • Having the wrong treatment because you don't want the right treatment is not a good way to get a good result.
  • You might start by losing the weight you gained to get to the weight of the first photo.
  • Or see a plastic surgeon for an examination and discussion of neck lift, neck liposuction or Kybella as the best treatment for you.
  • Then discuss the anesthetic - neck lifts can be done with local anesthesia when necessary.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Removal of Submittal Fat Fullness

The first thing you need to do is lose the weight you gained which I expect is more than 3 Kilos. Once you have dropped back to a normal weight, you have 2 options, depending on how much fat you have. With a small amount, you could use Kybella, an injectable that dissolves the fat. With that or more, you could use liposuction which is quite easy under purely local anesthesia in the office. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for liposuction

It would appear that you are a reasonable candidate for liposuction. Here is some helpful information about Lipostuction: If you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. Unfortunately, many individuals performing liposuction are not trained in other techniques of body contouring and may not have the experience to recognize that a different procedure (such as a tummy tuck) may provide a better result for the patient. Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) may be used in conjunction with other body contouring procedures, such as breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, or facelift.

53 year old previous liposculpture of the neck

You will likely have reached the potential benefit from liposuction of the neck.Another session is probably not going to get you the result you desire.A necklift is the only option and you should consult an experienced surgeon who can inform you as to whether you are a candidate to have the procedure under local anaesthesia.