Am I a good candidate for neck liposuction? I don't want a general anesthetic (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
Neck liposuction after Sculptra?
- Your photo suggests to me that you have loose skin as well as fat contributing to your poor neck.
- If so, liposuction will remove the fat and make the skin noticeably looser - not a good look!
- Having the wrong treatment because you don't want the right treatment is not a good way to get a good result.
- You might start by losing the weight you gained to get to the weight of the first photo.
- Or see a plastic surgeon for an examination and discussion of neck lift, neck liposuction or Kybella as the best treatment for you.
- Then discuss the anesthetic - neck lifts can be done with local anesthesia when necessary.
Removal of Submittal Fat Fullness
Candidate for liposuction
If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. Unfortunately, many individuals performing liposuction are not trained in other techniques of body contouring and may not have the experience to recognize that a different procedure (such as a tummy tuck) may provide a better result for the patient. Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) may be used in conjunction with other body contouring procedures, such as breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, or facelift.
You might also like...
53 year old previous liposculpture of the neck
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.