I'm about 3 months post op. Left incision weeping. (photos)

I'm about 3 months post op. I used Silicon sheets a couple of weeks ago and my left scar weeped and went all crusty and inflamed. I thought I cleared it up but today I noticed it flared up again. It's itchy and has an odd odour. I cleaned it in saline solution and it took the odour away. What should I do ?

Ask your surgeon

You should check with your surgeon as only your surgeon would know the exact procedure performed and your medical history.

Breast augmentation incision - weeping after 3 months

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • The best next step is to contact your plastic surgeon-
  • It may be an allergic reaction to the silicone sheeting but one can't tell without a detailed exam.
  • If you were my patient, I would want to see you without delay.
  • In the meantime, keep the incision cleaned with saline and covered with plain gauze.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

3 Months Post Op

It sounds like you may be having a reaction to the Silicone. I recommend that you stop using that for the moment and see your Plastic Surgeon in person for assessment.
All the best

Incision open and draining

Thank you for your question. You need to contact your surgeon immediately to be evaluated in person. It may be something as simple as a superficial stitch irritating the skin or it could be a deeper infection. In a situation with implants you don't want to wait, you need to treat whatever is going on as soon as possible.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon