Should I go moderate plus or HP? (Photo)

I am a 31 yo mum of two kids. 180cm or 5"11, 74 kgs and base width of 17cm. I would like a size DD, full boob but not too fake looking. My PS said 600mod plus but it sounds huge. Another surgeon suggested 485HP as he said u can't just go on base width and the implant would sit too close to my collar bone. They are both so different so I am a little confused.

Dimensional planning

Based on your photos 17cm base width seems way too wide! Seek another consult or two for additional measurements. 600cc mod+ is a very unusual implant and the body/chest of woman I place the 575 and 616cc mod+ in, look nothing like you! The 485HP seems a bit more dimensionally reasonable and would put you in the 397-421cc range for mod+. Best of luck. 

Should I go moderate plus or HP?

Based on your photographs and description, 600 CC seems to be rather large. In your situation I would usually put tear drop shaped implants of smaller size. The size of implants as well as their shape and placement needs to be discussed at length with your Plastic Surgeon. You may want to go for another opinion and try some sizers. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Should I go moderate plus or HP?

I appreciate your question.
The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.
Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Selecting breast implant sizes using sizers for breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, thank for your height and weight and breast size estimates, they do help. There is really no way to accurately predict what size you would like without an examination. During your examination and consultation, you should try on some sample sizes and see what you are comfortable with. Then the PS can help explain with the size and current condition of your breasts.

If you have accomplished this step, then trust your plastic surgeons advice as to what would be the best size for you.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears from your photos that you have very little breast tissue.  If you want a natural looking implant, I suggest you go with the moderate plus implant.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Implant Sizing

There are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I would go for the desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want. Share your wish photos with your plastic surgeon.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

Fitting an implant to your body

Hi Tamrobbo,

Your question is one of the most important we face when planning a breast augmentation.  In general, we try and fit implants to your frame and your desires.  The first is accomplished by measurements of your base width, nipple-to-sternal notch distance, and skin thickness.  In my opinion, your pictures do not reflect a 17cm base width, and therefore a 600cc implant of any shape will be too large.  You also must consider what size you would like to be after surgery.  This can be difficult, and surgeons with 3D imaging at their disposal might be able to better help you choose.

Keep in mind, the average breast implant placed in the United States for augmentation is roughly 360cc.  In a study we recently conducted, women were overwhelmingly happy with their results; however, when asked they wished to be a bit larger 70% of the time.  Having said that, they only wanted to be at most 10% larger.  

My thoughts: seek a third opinion and stay away from overly large implants as these devices should last decades and you want to be happy with your results at one month, one year and one decade after surgery.  Good luck!

Hunter Moyer, MD

What size

Good question. Plastic surgery is an art based on scientific principles. It is not uncommon for each physician tho have a different plan. Try to find a surgeon in your area that has 3D imaging such as Vectra. You can see the different effect in a photo of each size and profile of breast implants. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Should I go moderate plus or HP?

Thank you for the question and picture. It is extremely common to receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons about the best way to treat a specific “problem”. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences. Their opinions may also be shaped by unfavorable results they have encountered in their practices. It is quite amazing how adamant each plastic surgeon can be about the superiority of his/her recommendations…
Although these different opinions can be confusing and a source of anxiety for patients, it is good for patients to understand the different options available. Ultimately, it will be up to each patient to do their due diligence and select their plastic surgeon carefully.

Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural, proportionate look” or "DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.