Minoxidil with 0.01% Retinoic acid 2 months after hair transplant

Hello everyone. I am 2 months post HT. Prior to HT I was on regime of Minoxidil with 0.01 % of retinoic acid which I felt was excellent compared to minoxidil only. For 2 months post op, I stayed away from retinoids and want to go back on them. I was hoping to confirm if they have any detrimental effects on new follicles at this stage ?

2 moths wants to go back to retinoids

Check with your doctor first and then if he agrees, go for it. I always tell patients to check with their doctors because I can't practice medicine over the internet

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

2 months

In all likelihood you should be fine at 2 months.  However, post procedure protocols differ from doctor to doctor and you will want to make sure you are following his/her instructions.

Tim Neavin, MD

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   After 2 months there should be no issue other than the inherent irritation from the acid.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon