Do I need a mini nipple lift with implants? (photo)

I've been told I need a mini nipple lift with my implants. I was just wondering if I could get away with just implants or if I would be better off getting the mini nipple lift?

Do I need a mini nipple lift with implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue

Do I need a lift plus implants?

thanks for your question and photos. 
It would appear that with average sized implants you would be best served with the addition of a peri areolar mastopexy ("nipple lift") to achieve the "ideal" outcome. That said, with larger sized implants (especially tear dropped shaped implants) and the acceptance of nipples that sit slightly lower than "ideal" then it may be possible to avoid the nipple lift (and associated scars). You can always have the lift, even under local anaesthetic if preferred, at some point in the future if you feel it's warranted. 
Your Specialist Plastic Surgeon will help guide you through this process, you'll be in good hands. 

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... You are a great candidate for an Breast implant along with Mini nipple (periareolar) Lift. This will sure a lasting results.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Breast Lift or Mini Nipple Lift

Hello. From your photos, I would suggest that you consider one of two options. One would be placing asymmetrical implants (larger on the right breast) sin the right side is apparently larger. This would avoid Breast Lift scars. Volumes for example of 450 on the right and 400 cc on the left may be an option. A personal consultation with your physician may provide sizer implants to see what I mean in real life. 

The other option, if you do not want large breasts, would be to perform a Breast Lift with small implant placement (for example 200 on the right breast and 150 on the left. Extra scars (anchor scar) would have to be accepted for this option. This is the best choice if you do not want large breasts.

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Nipple lift?

The best way to know if you need a nipple lift is based on your chest measurements. This question is best answered during your consultation. The augmentation alone will allow for some lift. However if your surgeon does decide you will benefit from a nipple lift she can easily do that during your surgery. I'd suggest you go with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. Best of luck!

Mini Nipple Lift

Hi thanks for your question. You would be the perfect candidate for the mini nipple lift with implants. Getting implants alone will not raise your nipple to the center of your breasts. For optimal results I would suggest an implant with the nipple lift. Typically scaring is minimal since the incision is put at the border of the upper areolar therefore camouflaging the scar. I would suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and requesting to view before and after photos. Good luck.