Melasma and tranexamic acid. Any suggestions?

I have Melasma 80-90% covering, feels, lip, nose, forehead and chin... I got the lot. Most GP's have no idea and a pharmacist up here told me we can't even get HQ in Aus (not true he just didn't know). I can't afford to go to a dermatologist so was hoping one could please tell me exactly what I need to ask a GP for prescription wise. I want to try tranexamic acid but I am unsure exactly what I need to ask and I'm sure the GP will know what it is but have never used it for Melasma

HQ and melasma

Here you go... HQ can be bought OTC in Australia. Its called supefade. It contains 2%HQ and Sal. acid. If you want a better compounded cream, use 5% HQ in Obaji. As a dermatologist, I treat melasma with HQ as the basis, but also add low dose lasers, I use T. acid if I know its the erythotelengectatic subtype, or if there is more dermal melasma than epidermal, as it is harder to treat. All the bestDavin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Melasma treatment in Australia

I would suggest speaking to Eraze clinic in Australia and begin treatment with Melarase AM, Melarase PM, Melapads, and Replenish creams. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS