Loose flaps of skin all through vagina opening? (Photo)

Hi, im 18 years old and happen to have flappy bits of skin surrounding inside my vagina hole, it isnt itchy or anything but i was hoping to find out if these could be removed as im very embaressed about it and refuse to have sex or get a boyfriend .

Hymenal Tags

These irregular areas of vaginal lining are hymenal tags.  They are the irregular edges of the hymen which is normal tissue around the vaginal opening. You appear to have more prominent tags than the average woman.  They are a cosmetic problem only and not a disease. They could be removed or reduced in size by any competent gynecologic surgeon.
I agree with Dr. Goodman that you need to discuss this with a gynecologist during a "hands on" examination.

Laguna Hills OB/GYN

Hymenal remnants

These are small tags of tissue from the hymen. It doesn't need to be a source of anxiety for you because it is normal, but if it bothers you a small procedure can be done to remove them.

Hymen tags

A gynecologist would be able to help you. These are probably parts of your hymen that can be removed if preferred. They aren't harmful.

Growths on vagina. Little polyps at vaginal opening

Hi Jamie,

Hard one to diagnose from your photo.  These could be small polyps ("polyposis"), could be something called "condylomata," which are warts caused by a virus... My suggestion is to ask your mom or a woman you trust, saying that you "have a small growth" on your vagina that you're worried about, and ask them to recommend a local GYNECOLOGIST and go to her/him for a "hands-on" evaluation & proper diagniosis.

Very best,

Michael P Goodman MD

Your vagina is totally normal

The irregularly shaped tags of skin that encircle the vaginal opening are the remnants of your hymen. Every woman has them, they are not a medical problem or a deformity and they do not need to be removed. If you wish to have them removed for aesthetic reasons, this can certainly be done, but they are nothing unique and nothing to be embarrassed about.