How long do you need to wait before thinking of revision after Vaser Lipo? (Photos)

I had Vaser Lipo 6 weeks ago on my upper, lower abdo, flanks, inner and outer thighs. I am extremely unhappy. I notice a change on my flanks but my abdo still looks the same if not worse. My surgeon only took 300mls from each region. Total 1500mls. This doesn't seem much at all. The nurses keep telling me to be patient as it is early days but I cannot see this drastically improving. Feel like I have wasted $14000. My surgeon originally said I had great skin tone and good abdo muscles.

When Can You Schedule a Revision to Vaser Lipo

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined. 

However, depending on the degree of extra skin and/or fat following vaser may determine if further treatment and perhaps a different treatment may be required as a revision. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. Typically, it's best to wait 6  to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision. It's suggested that you begin by consulting with your doctor or a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options in greater detail.  

Vaser Liposuction

Hi Melissa, 

6 weeks following liposuction is still very early to tell. You still have swelling and your body is still healing. Do not forget you had surgery on a large surface area of your body. It typically take 6 months to 1 year to see final results. If you are still very unhappy, I encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon at that time. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I would recommend that you wait up to 6 months prior to undergoing a revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon