How long to wait after transplant before going into a sauna?

I have a hair transplant and am 3 months post op. My surgeon says to wait 5-6 months after a transplant before going into either a steam or dry heat sauna. I read conflicting advice on this so wondering what the opinion is from other surgeons.

Sauna after HT

Always follow your doctor's advice. I generally will allow my patients to go into a sauna in 6 weeks after a hair transplant

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You may read conflicting advice but you should listen to your doctor's advice. Otherwise you would be picking the one suits you

You may read conflicting advice but you should listen to your doctor's advice.  Otherwise you would be picking the one suits you the best.  There is no firm rule on post operative care.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon